1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Armor lid or Undercover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bear45, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Nov 15, 2008 at 6:00 AM
    bear45

bear45 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Hey all,

I am new here and my first Tacoma. I got the 07 reg. cab 4x4. Alot of my friends have had them and I finally got one. I am a hunter and I have known for a long time that you can't beat the little regular cab 4x4 for going through bad stuff and ease of mobility.

Anyways, I need a tonneau to keep my gear dry. It seems that the Armor lite and Undercover tonneau are the best to fit my needs (that is debatable though.) From what I can tell the Undercover seems to be talked about more, but I haven't seen anyone complain that has the armor lite. I guess it would be nice to see if anyone has the armor lite and wished they had spent the extra $100 on the undercover.

Any and all suggestions about these 2 and others would be nice, I am just wanting something that keeps stuff dry and safe without breaking the bank. I know they really only keep out the honest folk, but having locks is nice.

2. Nov 15, 2008 at 6:36 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    I am familiar with both covers and would recommend spending the money for the undercover. The Armor lid although not a bad cover is exaclty a cheaper knock off of the Undercover, mostly in the hardware but event he textured finish on the lid looks of lessor quality.

3. Nov 15, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    No clue on the cover, but welcome to TW!

4. Nov 15, 2008 at 6:58 AM
    DrDangerous

DrDangerous New Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 - Barcelona Red
    I just picked up the Extang Solid Fold. I was debating between the Undercover and the Extang but since I am always putting stuff in the bed I needed something where I could just fold it up for taller stuff and not have to remove the whole cover. Just put it on last night so I havent had much of an experience with it but the cover does look really nice on the truck.

5. Nov 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    Gene563

Gene563 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eugene
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab, LB, TRD Sport
    TRD catback exhaust, Undercover hard tonneau, Vent visors, Husky liners, customized seat covers, front license plate bracket, rear suspension TSB, Eibach springs w 5100s@0, & General Grabber AT2 (265.70.17).
    I have the Undercover. Before I settled on this one I had also checked out the Armor Lid. They both seemed to look and function the same. The Undercover has formed webbing on the underside for strength; The Armor Lid didn't. Therefore, I couldn't see the Armor Lid being as strong as the Undercover.
    That was my take on the two products. I bought the Undercover and am very pleased. The bed stays dry...only when I've sprayed water at the seal during a wash, have I seen leakage.

6. Nov 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM
    thunter_3

thunter_3 Florida Redneck

Member:
    Franklin, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport, 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed
    Westin Nerf Bars & Bull Bar, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, PopLock, TRD Seat Covers, AFE Stage 2 CAI.
    I've had the armor lid on my truck for a year now. I have no regrets with it. Fit and finish are great. I have walked on it with no worries about it breaking. I have no problems with leaking or security. Being a hundred dollars cheaper than undercover. Leaves more money for other mods.

To Top