1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Armor Lid

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by swatbob, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    swatbob

swatbob [OP] Member

Member:
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma 4x4
    None, yet.
    I am looking at buying the armor lid tonneau cover for my new dbl cab 4x4. It only comes in black, but that would look good with the red truck. Anyone have experience with this lid? Thanks

2. Mar 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    TheBUNKY

TheBUNKY Back in Black

Member:
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC BSP TRD Rugged Trail Borla Exhaust
    Just installed mine yesterday. Actually the dealer did. I took it to the automatic car wash immediately after install and there was minimal water in the bed. I'm talking two tablespoons at the most.

So far so good. The locks are a little tough right now since the keys are new. The LED really lights up the bed at night. The pins near the cab are a little weak. I'd like to find a mod for that. I'm going to make my first road trip this weekend and I will be hauling quite a bit back there. Golf clubs, Coleman Road Trip grill, bags, cooler, etc. Now I wish I had a bed rug to keep everything from sliding around.

I'm probably not the best one to give you a review since I've only had mine a day, but I'll try to get you some feedback the longer I have it.

RearviewAL.jpg

3. Mar 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    xpert1111

xpert1111 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB Sport
    TheBunky, does it really keep the tailgate from opening when the lid is closed? any play when trying to open the tailgate that would damage the tailgate if someone tried forcing it open? Does it hit the black molding or paint on the tailgate when doing this? thanks

4. Mar 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    ishootducks

ishootducks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarrod
    NE Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner
    None Yet
    Looking at the same cover myself. Wondering if any one else out there has one and what they think about it?

5. Mar 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    I have one, sourced from Truck Alterations at a good price. Only had it for a short while, bit it goes on easily enough. I never installed a bed cover before, did it by myself in 40 minutes from cutting the nylon strapping on the outside of the box to trying out the key locks.

If I was to critique, on my 2011, the seal could use some help where the bed rails steo down to the wall behind the cab. The ArmorLid does have a change, but they do it in a curve vice the step on the Toyota bed itself.

Drove to work in a driving rain this morning (wind coming almost directly from the driver's side), drove home with a heavy rain (over an inch per hour). Had about 5 drops of water on the step for the wheel well on each side. I think that's good, YMMV.

To Top