1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ask a Dealer.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by ST3VE, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    Why is the difference in price so drastic between US and Canadian dealers? Especially for TRD items? My local toyota dealer wanted 8800$ installed for a TRD S/C and 3200$ for an Xrunner BBK :(.

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    ST3VE

ST3VE [OP] IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Depending on the dealer mark-up really. The price should never be more then the MSRP a lot of times you can knock off at least $1000-2000. If your in the market to buy I have put many many useful links and info in the first post of this thread. Its alot to go thru but I think I covered most of it. I still go back to it and edit it when I think of something else to put there.

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    DCW

DCW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Reno, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC Off Road
    TRD exhaust, front skidplate,5100s@1.75
    How much is the hold back on that type of truck?

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    This question is out of my league brother. I been to New York once. haha. I have no clue about any of the Canadian to America conversions. Sorry man. But if anyone reads this and has any edumacated guess on this be my guest.

5. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    Canadian to USD currently is around 0.95$ - 1 USD. In the past it used to be a much bigger difference but it has been around par for the past 4-5 years:confused:

6. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Like I said it varies between dealers. I think that if it costs 30k then before tax, tags and fees. If you got that truck for about 26-27.5 I really wouldn't be too surprised.

7. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    How much for a 2012 Tacoma Grill? :spy:

8. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    DCW

DCW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Reno, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC Off Road
    TRD exhaust, front skidplate,5100s@1.75
    Thanks for the info Steve :D

9. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    I texted you the next day. Didn't you get it?

10. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    Sorry but I have one last question for you. Is the Xrunner really limited to 3500 per year? I keep on reading that it was limited production but is it really true?

11. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    I read that in MotorTrend Magazine a while back. As far as I know it is true. We haven't had one at the dealership in about 8 months. They never did sell too good in my area anyway.

12. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Yes... just wanted to post in your thread...:eek:

13. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Saw one up here a few weeks ago at one of my local stealerships...

[​IMG]

14. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC

:humble:

15. Jan 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    "pre-payment" penalty is a fee that will be assessed if you pay off the balance of the loan before the date of the last scheduled payment.. i.e. you get a 48 mo. loan, but pay off the balance in 12 mo. (by making extra payments toward principal..). i read the terms of the first loan offer the made to me, ..it in fact had a prepayment penalty/fee that was assessed as a prorated amount, based on how many scheduled payments were made before paying off the balance early..

i believe dealerships do, in fact, make money off of the interest rate,... the banks they work w/ set a rate, and what the dealer presents to the customer usually has some "padding" built in, ..that's extra money for them...

16. Jan 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Maybe in your case there was some shady business going on. In some cases there are banks that work with dealerships. When the bank would give the dealership the rate that you qualify for. Lets say 4.9%... then the dealership will come to you with the rate of 6.9% and make money off of you that way. I don't work that way at the dealer I work at and would never agree to any type of tactics of the sort.

After reading what you have said to me and if what you said is true then in my personal opinion I would never go back to that dealership and do any sort of business. Really sounds like someone is taking you for a sucker.

17. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    oh, yeah, it's true alright... like i said, ..better to go in armed w/ a pre-approved loan to use as leverage, ..otherwise, you'd probably never know how much they are jacking up the interest rate for profit.. ;)

BTW, ...i also just found out that the financing dept. had a snafu getting the paperwork to the bank/buyer, resulting in a delay, ... so now i can't make the first payment in time (no account yet) - ...believe me i checked into this, and got the dealer to give me contact info to the bank/buyer, who confirmed this - so i'll be getting my loan account w/ 47/48 payments left, ...the dealer is on the hook for the first payment - i.e. the bank is going to reduce the amount they pay to "buy" the loan from the dealer by 1 payment :D

18. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Well I am glad you got it figured out. Hopefully people can learn from what happened here.

19. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    what's worse, is i had filled out the toyota experience survey right before i found out about them messing up my loan processing... :rolleyes:

20. Jan 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Hey Steve, Thanks for making yourself available. I was just wondering, when trading in a vehicle does the dealer take into account upgrades and mods or do they mean nothing to them. Is it worth it to strip all your stuff off the vehicle and sell it privately?
    Thanks,
    craig

Products Discussed in

To Top