1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ask a loan processor.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 97yota4wd, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    Shemicals

Shemicals Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Concord - East Bay CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Black Sand Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    Build Page
    yota you gonna be in PISSMO?

2. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    Why are refi standards so rediculus with regard to documentation of income. I am doing one now and hitting flack over deposits I make to my checking account that are over $1000. I carry that much around on me. Whats the big deal about deposits over $1000? i supplied tax returns, pay stubs, and bank statements. Now they want to verify deposits over $1000 in my checking account. I have to deposit over 4k every month to break even in the account I use to pay bills.
    The Banks screwed up and handed out cash to everyone and everything, now they are super fussy about who gets a loan. It's strangling the real estate business and ultimately the economy in general. Business will not pick up with out more demand.
    I am a super low risk (800+ credit, guaranteed income, no debt) so I am not worried about getting financing but I am getting some major scrutiny over a refi when I have 150+k in equity.. A PITA !

3. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    im a processor so i cant do that, but try calling b of a and ask if you qualify for the MHA program.
    nope, my truck wont be moving for a while

thats guidelines..

4. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    burdman

burdman Ninja

Member:
    I can do that. Thanks!

5. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    Justify them.

6. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    never know, i might get your loan:) haha

7. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    they are our guidelines, no need to justify them. we have to have proof or no bueno.

btw i dont agree with alot of guidelines and that is one of them, but its life and it sucks.

8. Mar 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    The point is, I am about the best candidate for a refi anyone could possibly want.The lenders are being so hard on people it is killing the industry. I can't imagine average people being able to get help with anything, if you are going to be this hard on me how are they to get anywhere? Are you all so scared of loosing your jobs because someone might make a typo? The standards are ridiculous.

9. Mar 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Then it's the government that is wrong here. The lenders brought all this regulation on from past relaxed standards, and don't tell me the government forced yo to give out the loans, that's BS. It was the Banks that almost destroyed the economy both here and around the globe. The indiscriminate feeding frenzy in the mortgage business and the fraudulent bundling of bad loans being rated as Class A low risk investments. The banks knew what was happening but they realized that the problem was so complex that no single entity could ever be blamed when it all came crashing down.
    Sorry bro, I am venting. I hope it was not you. I will stop beating on banks now,lol.

10. Mar 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    What you are saying is what I have found to be true. The regulations in place now are brutal. The Big banks on wall street bundled the loans that were given to poor risk clients, but Freddie and Fanny were not owned by the government back then. Nobody can force a bank to lend money to a bad risk, this is America. Then Moody's rated the bad loans with an A. Everyone got rich selling them off. When the bottom fell out, we the people are taking the worst of it. I few people knew they were all bad and hedged against them. They made Billions. Magnatar fund comes to mind, or something like that

11. Mar 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Letting the big banks fail is another discussion. I am on the fence with that one. They are so woven in all over the world (like AIG) that letting them fail would have destroyed the global economy I think. I think it would have made the great depression look like "a parking ticket". Investing and lending should be separate. At least we are still here now. We should break them up! Small banks are entirely different.

12. Apr 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    i agree if someone like chase or b of a went under i dont think it would be too good.

i also agree it is much harder on smaller banks.
    we dont want the regulations to be that harsh either but theres nothing we can do.

13. Apr 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    smaller banks are taking a beating because the big banks got GREEDY!

14. Apr 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    TJGARZA84

TJGARZA84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    SAN ANTONIO
    Vehicle:
    2012 TOYOTA TACOMA PRERUNNER SR5 - BLACK
    TINT - 20% FRONT - 5% REAR 3 INCH LIFT PAINT TO MATCH GRILL AND REAR BUMPER REMOVED ALL EMBLEMS
    Im in Lending and a guideline is just that - a guideline. Not a policy. a policy is something that cant be messed with.But guidelines can be pushed ;)

15. Apr 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    okay well my guidelines cant be pushed. they push back and you might end up on your ass on your couch unpaid.

16. Apr 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Sub'd ... because we are going to change houses soon.

17. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:

if you make a deposit thats more than 15% of your monthly income we have to have a letter of explanation.

just so you know, just figured out the exact guideline.

18. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    THIS

I've had an account with USNMFCU since I was about 1 lol. They've always been great to me.

19. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I agree. No one forced people to take stupid loans. The problem was everyone was greedy. All they saw were dollar signs from flipping the home in 5 years so they leveraged to the hilt.

My wife and I are trying to refinance our condo and it has been a royal pain!!!

We just about had it refinanced after about 4 months of back and forth with the lender. Then they got seized just as our paperwork was going to be turned in (Home savings). GAHHHH!

We're on track with another lender and we just got our appraisal done (AGAIN!). The thing that sucks the most is we had to pay for a new appraisal at $450 a crack, because the new lender didn't want to accept the appraisal of the seized bank. I thought the appraisers were supposed to be independent?

20. Apr 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    i know we have to have a new appraisal done no matter what, we can only accept landsafe..

Products Discussed in

To Top