1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Assault Rifle Die Cut

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by taconinja, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Should I apply the decal so it looks like a gun rack?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2009.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. HA - I want one!

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Don't be a poser and get yourself shot

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Oct 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    i was giong to point out the fact that they are just rifles.

2. Oct 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I hate the fact that we have to watch what we call guns. Assault or just rifle it's still a gun covered under the 2nd amendment and legal for me to own, why do we have to watch how we call it?

I like MEGA SUPER DUPER Killing death machine personally...but I'm a little over the top on these things.

3. Oct 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Because it's labels like 'assault rifle' that is ammunition for those like the Brady bunch that would take away our rights. Everyday citizens do not own 'assault rifles' anyway. The military does. I know I don't have select fire on my rifles. The term is not accurate. Just like calling a magazine a clip is annoying as well and makes me think someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

4. Oct 24, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    "assault-rifle" sounds a lot scarier on the news than "semi-automatic" or "carbine" does. gotta watch our tongues these days. someone might get offended :eek: the ink on the Bill of Rights is getting pretty faded. maybe they wrote it in dissapearing ink?

5. Oct 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    that is a valid point... i like that... i guess when someone says is the "slang" way it makes them bad ass i guess... Ive said that they are called 'magazines' to a few people and they look at me like Im military or a cop or something like that...

6. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    Pulled from Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle, :

The term assault rifle is a translation of the German word Sturmgewehr (literally meaning "storm rifle"), "storm" used synonymous with assault. The name was coined by Adolf Hitler[1] to describe the Maschinenpistole 44, subsequently re-christened Sturmgewehr 44, the firearm generally considered the first true assault rifle that served to popularize the concept.
    The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]
    Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such. For example, semi-automatic-only rifles that share designs with assault rifles such as the AR-15 (which the M-16 rifle is based on) are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus not selective fire. Belt-fed weapons (such as the M249 SAW) or rifles with fixed magazines are likewise not assault rifles because they do not have detachable box magazines.
    The term "assault rifle" is often more loosely used for commercial or political reasons to include other types of arms, particularly arms that fall under a strict definition of the battle rifle, or semi-automatic variant of military rifles such as AR-15s.
    The US Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."[5]

7. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    So yeah, most people coin the "Assault" rife for AR15. Which, are really semi-auto gas-operated rifles. Same person might confuse my 30.06 with an Assault rifle because it's all black.

Its gotta be auto to be Assault.

8. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    i love how this thread took a swan..errr belley flop. haha
    + 1 to rusty shackleford and derek

9. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Well said my friend I'm deff gonna show people this as well... There ignorance is due to the social media and "bad ass celebs" and I use that very losely lol... And to be honest it kind of makes me laugh lol...

10. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yes zziirr

11. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Agreed Packerfan. Thanks!!

12. Oct 26, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    I second that... Lol

13. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I just hate to see gun owners playing into the anti-2A crowds agenda. ;)

14. Oct 26, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    my bad packerfan for a being a newb but what is Anti-2A crowds...??

15. Oct 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    Anti second amendment :D

16. Oct 26, 2009 at 10:45 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    damn i feel like a dumb ass thanks lol....

17. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    It's all good.;)

18. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:27 AM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    So, after all this debate and lecture, can we see the damn sticker?

19. Oct 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Hahaha...^^^ I know huh... I wanna see it on the "winda".... Lol

20. Nov 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM
    eddie885221

eddie885221 Member

Member:
    Tuscaloosa
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    none yet!
    since when is it illegal to have an ar?

Products Discussed in

To Top