1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Assault weapon ban?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 05RedTaco, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    x2
    there were always 1 or 2 cops walking around my highschool and jr high. I never thought anything of it. It kept the riff raff down. they had their drug dog with them a lot too. Im sure it was to try and keep drugs out of the school. I see no problem with having an officer or two around each campus.
    Im tired of seeing them shooting radar and busting people in speed traps. Go after the real criminals.

2. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    RedTacoDriver

RedTacoDriver Out of my mind....be back later.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7L
    BakFlipG2, Westin Nerf Bars, Harbor Freight Bed Jacks, Flame Devil Horns, vinyl raven emblems, intermittent wiper switch swapout More to come.
    Let's see...... we have already had an assault weapon ban and it expired once.

Will it stop gun violence.......Lets see ......Did it work for prohibition and alcohol?...mmm no...... Did it work for the war on drugs? ......hmmmm no... It just got the criminals rich..... Looks like Congress is trying to make a few more SuperPacs.

Armed officers in school will only last until the first "accidental" shooting.

3. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Cops in schools do not impress me. Our former Police Chief left his service weapon in the shitter TP dispenser in the Elementary school. Got found by a student, who reported it to a teacher.

4. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Pretty sure he said
    and I responded to that statment. THanks though:rolleyes:

5. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I personally feel this whole banning of weapons is stupid whether it happens or not. Just because you ban something from being sold doesn't mean it won't be sold.. Shit look at how much we "ban" the sale of illegal drugs.. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows where you could get some tho..

6. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Not according to the police

7. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    That was the argument I was trying to make. I think it's a wasted argument to try to defend one's 'need' for an AR. I do not disagree with someone right to own one, I have nothing against them at all. That being said, I am against the argument that someone 'needs' that sort of weapon.

8. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    cameronlane

cameronlane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    And I was suggesting what I thought he was inferring. Thanks though :rolleyes:

9. Dec 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Got a reply email from my Senator in response to not supporting an Assault weapons ban.

10. Dec 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    strip

strip Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Fort Smith AR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD SR5 4x4
    Lift
    +10000

11. Dec 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    I love Kay! God bless Texas.
    Home protection: I am using a cheap pump shotgun, for several reasons. 1.) you will probably never see this gun again so why use an AR/AK. 2.) I can load it with #4 and do enough damage without over penetration. 3.) the gun is idiot proof. 4.) in a court of law, it is easier to convince a jury your innocence by using a pump shotgun than if you had used the evil AR/AK.

My stance on gun control:
    If we the law abiding citizens don't get to have guns, then who has the guns? Government and crooks, and to some they are one and the same.
    I don't get why these politicians get to have armed guards when we as citizens are expected to walk around unprotected.

The school shooting: if a person with a gun was there this whole mess might have been avoided. I pray for the families of those we lost, and I hope that it never happens again. If it does, I hope there is someone there with a gun that can at least give some more resistance than harsh language or a human shield.

Thanks for reading this far.

12. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    Specalt

Specalt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD 4x4
    Let gun control sort it self out.

[​IMG]

13. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    gastoverat

gastoverat Active Member

Member:
    Fortson Georgia
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma Lx 4x4
    Did you happen to see what went on during the LA riots or Katrina? You may not need a AR for every day home defense, but when you have a break down of society during civil unrest or natural disaster you very well may need a AR or AK 47 to defend your family and yourself. Look at what is going on over in Greece and other Nations overseas. Economic collapse is a very real possibility in these times. I want to have the legal means to protect my family when the Local Government is unable to.

14. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Specalt

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD 4x4
    X2

15. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Again, you're not going to make much ground with that argument with pro gun control people. I could make a very reasonable argument that a non-AR or non-AK would do the same job just as effectively in that situation. And once again, I'm not against ARs or AKs, not in the least. Just stating a valid argument from a non-bias perspective.

16. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    08bluetacoma

08bluetacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Rad Red
    6 inch fabtech alpine stereo flowmaster exhaust
    problem solved

[​IMG]

17. Dec 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    Specalt

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD 4x4

What argument would you make?

So here is the situation. A storm has rolled through your town. Communication is down, Your town is flooded out you have no power no running water. It is Day 3 no one has been by to provide you aid. You have not seen the police, fire department, or the red cross. Your truck was crushed by a tree limb.

You have planed a head and have enough food and water for a few more days. Through your battery radio you have heard rescue could be a week away.

Your neighbors are not around, dead, or left ahead of time. You see a band of thugs breaking into homes down the street from your house. You here shots from a house they just left. They are headed your way. You don't know them and they are not in uniform. They are armed with baseball bats, A board with a nail and from what you can make out small side arms and a shotgun or two.. You see 6 men in total.

What better protection weapon is there than an AR or an AK?

18. Dec 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I live on an island with no permanent National Guard presence; if there's no unit training in the military reserves, there really isnt much of an military presence here; they're all on Oahu

If there's ever a natural disaster like Sandy that rolls through, it'll be ahwile before aid can get here; especially if the island's three airports are damaged.

The police will be spread way, way too thin; they're already under-budgeted and under-manned here.

I sure as shit will defend my family and friends if the need arises; a scary looking "assault weapon" will be my life/property defense weapon of choice

19. Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Any combination of handguns or a shotgun will get the job done. There are not a hell of a lot of 'real world' situations that 'require' an AK or AR... I agree with the 2nd ammendment and don't have a problem with people owning them but if you can't even begin to convince me you 'need' them, you certainly won't convince an anti-gun person.

20. Dec 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    Having a weapon for personal defense is good, wether it be an AK or AR or pistol.
    The biggest thing is knowing how to use it. This means attending a personal defense course and not just shooting at a target on the weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top