1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Assault weapon ban?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 05RedTaco, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    There was the Clinton gun ban of 1994 at that time that banned "Assault Weapons"

Obviously it didn't effect them obtaining the Automatic weapons, didn't it? You know why? Because they're criminals, and do you know what criminals do?!?! They break the law...

2. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:04 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DigB
    And that is why automatic weapons have no purpose except in the hands of Police...

Ban them......BAN THEM ALLLLLL

This is why people need to be informed before they suggest laws/bans. Criminals dont get automatic weapons the legal way, it is way too expensive, and it takes way too long. Read the 1986 NFA Act DigB.

3. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    this, it seems people just don't grasp the idea.

4. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It is no different at all. A legal mandate requires that people don't buy, sell, possess, etc illegal items, but they find a way to do it anyways. The functional controls implemented will be the same, and seeing how (not) effective the war on drugs has been...we need a better plan to "control" guns than an outright ban.

5. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    See, this is where people take one comment and then try to twist it to suit their personal beliefs. I personally don't give a rats butt that you cannot stand my statement. I have the right to speak my mind, and I chose to do so. I even qualified my statement as a matter of opinion. I have a right to mine, as you have a right to yours.

That being said, I again say that there is no NEED to own such weapons for personal use in my OPINION. I in no way was trying to TELL you what you need. I simply made a statement based on my opinion. If you don't like it, well TOUGH. Deal with it.

I have seen and used many different variations in the 8 years I served this country. So you in no way are schooling me on ballistics. My reference on rounds were based on home protection. An AK or AR has no business in home defense in my opinion (There it is again, that word, look it up) because they put others at risk.

Time to put on my fire resistant clothes on again I am sure.

6. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Here is the 2nd Amendment so maybe you will know what you are actually talking about
    Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

7. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    RevAdam

RevAdam Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro
    You do not understand the purpose of the 2nd amendment, nor are you STAUNCH.

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" needs explaining?

8. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,

^ i agree 100% ^

9. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    RevAdam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro

And it won't stop them. Ever.

BECAUSE CRIMINALS BREAK THE LAW.

10. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    RevAdam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Explain why you don't think a 5.56 round isn't a good home defense round?

http://www.theboxotruth.com

11. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    THIS !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

12. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    double dee

double dee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    I don't see how having a police officer at every school would be a solution. Nor do I find it feasible. They are already short maned facing cuts every year doing the same job with less. Nor do I think it would stop an incident like this from happing. A crazy person is just that... crazy and when they have their mind set on doing something like this one armed police officer isn't going to stop them, that is just going to be the first target. Nor do I believe cops want to sit at a school all day.

13. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    RevAdam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    That's cause we keep mailing our money overseas.

It's also a proven tactic now to confront the active shooter. They have a habit of not resisting and making a canoe out of their own head.

14. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    Yes but are there any militia's? or is it just made up of the regular army? ^Honest question^

Canada has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country ) but we only had about 175 gun deaths last year (nation wide) vs the US which had twice the rate per 100k people. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate )
    IMO automatics/assault rifles have no place outside of war. The right to bare arms has its place, if properly enforced....

15. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    RevAdam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    The US Militia is codified as consisting of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia

We sign a selective service paper when we turn 18 in the US, essentially cataloging us as the Militia.

You also need to research the definition of "semi-automatic" vs. "fully-automatic"

16. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    :facepalm:

2nd amendment was put in place to protect us from A tyrannical Government.

You should use wikipedia to figure out the difference between automatic weapons and Semi Auto, because you obviously don't know the difference.

17. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    BostonBilly

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    I see it as a society issue. Look at what is deemed acceptable behavior now adays. Also look at the lack of respect we have for each other and life. We (society) spend our time watching and playing violent shows/movies and games. Think about how we are detached from one another due to this computer and smart phones. We tap away in e-mails,texts and forums with no reguard for the person on the other end. The post of "BAN THEM BAN THEM ALLLLL" is a perfect example. DigB (or DB) appears to be trying to rile the crowd for his entertainment. I have misspelled words before but it wasnt the fault of the pen/pencil or this key board. It was the person behind that object.

18. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    BostonBilly

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    Militia is
    Militia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Militia (disambiguation).
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Lexington Minuteman, a statue commemorating Captain John Parker, a commander of American militia forces during the American Revolutionary War.

The term militia (pron.: /mɨˈlɪʃə/),[1] or irregular army, is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens[2] to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. It is a polyseme with multiple distinct but related meanings. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:

19. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    Well I don't think Obama is the next coming of Hitler... and I don't think that would be a concern for you anymore, public perception and the polls mean way too much.

It's just my opinion that something needs to be done to prevent 6 year olds from being killed

Mental Health awareness is something else that needs to be addressed!

And I do happen to know the difference and I know all it takes is someone with a little gunsmith knowhow to turn your venerable AR-15 from semi to full automatic....

20. Dec 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    Which means breaking the law. Which means u don't care about the law. Which means ur a criminal. Which means u won't obey the law regardless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top