1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Assaulted on July 4th(Good Read

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by ToyComa92, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darin
    MONTEREY BAY
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD sport pre-runner
    Emotional distress maybe? what were your physical damages? did you seek medical help and get pics? those are the questions a lawyer will ask you. goodluck

2. Dec 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I go with KIMO. What are your damages? Were you treated medically for actions resulting from the assault? If you have no damages then sueing someone isn't really cost effective. You'll have more lawyer fee's than anytime settlement you could hope to gain. On the other hand if you have cost from the assault then it will be close if you'll walk away with anything from anyone. What happened to your claim for compensation from the state of Co.? Do you surrender any type of civil action against the individual who assaulted you? If so does the state seek restitution to their fund in lieu of your filing a claim in civil court? A consult with a lawyer (should be free) can answer all those questions but pursue the criminal action no matter what happens. Good luck this is a classic case of "Road Rage!" Keep us posted.

3. Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Yah its a tough disease, I started with Mild case of it where it only really affected my stomach, Now at 20 its really affecting everything, I also have diabetes from it because of the meds and food requirements. But i do what i need to stay alive, As depressing and scary as it sounds im actually working on getting onto the Lung Transplant List. Anyways thank you and everyone else, i will keep everyone updated. Id mostly be sueing for Emotional damage and a 1,400 hospital bill i incurred for having to be admitted for worstening my
    condition. I would only take him to small claims. Im gonna call some lawyers and get there opinion. I will post up what i hear.

4. Dec 30, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I'm going to take the opposite approach than everyone else here.

Let the courts deal with him even if it is just a misdemeanor. Forget any type of civil action with an attorney because that will only make him even more mad and make it much more likely that he will come back at you. It is not worth the risk involved to get the personal satisfaction you are looking for.

The only thing that happens in a pissing contest is that you get pissed on.

Good luck.

5. Feb 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    UPDATE:
    Went to court on the 2nd, Apperently the guy has a super clean record and the DA gave him a "Deferred Judgement" he has to do a year of anger management/Probation time. Which is fine with me, Honestly it has been almost a year and its gotten old, I couldnt continue having Defense attorney's show up at my girlfriends place of work questioning her, subpeonas and whatever else. It's not worth her getting canned over some stupid shit like this.

Anyways, I will proceed to take this to Civil court, But as for criminal its done and in the books.

To Top