1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AstroStart Remote Start

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by maestroz2, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    maestroz2

maestroz2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DoubleCab Pyrite Mica TRD Sport SB
    TRD Skid Plate, Toyota Bed Mat, WeatherTech window visors, WeatherTech Floor mats, Access LE Bed Cover, Rocky Mounts Bike mounts, Astrostart 2-way Remote Start, TRD bronze beadlock wheels, Factory roof rack.
    Just got a AstroStart RS-623 Remote start put in my 2010 Tacoma Double Cab Sport. Had the remote start professional installed at Enormis Mobile Specialties in Erie, PA. So far the system works great, good range and the key fob that comes in the kit completely replaced my Toyota key fob leaving all functionality. Only downside is that the shop told me they could not hook up the remote start system with the existing lock/unlock speaker (wanted to keep the noise feedback with one beep for lock and two for unlock), so they had to install a separate speaker for use with the remote start that has a higher pitch tone. Other than that the system is a 2-way which works great because i work in a building with no windows and this allows me to verify my truck is on without seeing it.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this system, or one like it, to anyone.

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    Sunburst

Sunburst Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Headwaters of the Everglades
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights
    Sounds like a good system and one I wish Toyota offered as an option...Was it expensive?

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I have an Astrostart on my truck too. Not a two way, but it also completely covers the OEM fob. Starter, door lock, alarm and engine immobilizer.

4. Oct 19, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    maestroz2

maestroz2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DoubleCab Pyrite Mica TRD Sport SB
    TRD Skid Plate, Toyota Bed Mat, WeatherTech window visors, WeatherTech Floor mats, Access LE Bed Cover, Rocky Mounts Bike mounts, Astrostart 2-way Remote Start, TRD bronze beadlock wheels, Factory roof rack.
    Ran me about 395 without tax including installation and the additional Toyota part they needed to make it work with the engine immobilizer without losing a key.

5. Oct 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    Baldy44

Baldy44 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Thanks for the info. I too am in Erie. Just purchased a 2011 Crew TRD and planned to go to them for the remote. Lou is a straight shooter and does very good work.

Products Discussed in

To Top