1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

At Dealer for TSB - Tailgate and Leaf ?? advice?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ComaTosin, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Feb 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    ComaTosin

ComaTosin [OP] The Not So New guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    I had to get some other work done at the dealer - (long story and they are making it right) but I figured while i was there i would hit them up for these two TSBs to save ANOTHER trip out there.
    it is an '06 DC- Potential snags are:
    The truck is at 39months making it JUST out of warranty. (however it is only at 27K miles), the truck has 2" blocks in back and spacers up front. The truck also does NOT currently have a bent tailgate.
    I left the truck at the collision center to have the windows (all 4 door windows) replaced. When they are finished they said they would take it to the service dept and have someone call me. I think my chances are better if i am there in person but wanted to know what if any great points you guys have to bring up to the service mgr to get him to do the TSBs without much discussion. Or will he just say - "this suspension is modified" and "we can not repair the gate unless it is broken"

trying get my arguments (or pleas) in order in case it comes to that.

2. Feb 4, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    ComaTosin

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    okay okay, bump for me.......
    nothing guys. any ideas?

3. Feb 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    It seems that having the suspension modified would not matter. I would be more concerned with it being out of warranty.

There were no questions asked when I had it done just a few weeks ago, but I was still under warranty.

As far as the tailgate goes, I don't have personal experience, but I think they will not do it unless it is bent.

Good luck

GA

4. Feb 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    ComaTosin

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    for the suspension it seems like they would replace since it has a 3 leaf pack and calls for 4 leaf - modified or not. hope they are cool with the warranty....... low miles might count for something?....

5. Feb 4, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    Yea, I thought about that. It seems like if they are cool, they will do it. The guys at my dealership seem pretty cool and I've had good luck with them.......jeez, did I say that out loud? I never thought I would ever say nice things about a dealer!

GA

6. Feb 4, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    ComaTosin

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    the collision center at my stealership has massively botched a big job (like entire paint job) on my truck and since fixed it to my satisfaction. They have been very up front about it and very willing to make things right. The collision center is at least cool - hope that the service dept is also cool.

Products Discussed in

To Top