1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

At what point am I gonna need longer rear brake lines?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Zac808, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 [OP] Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    5100's??? Or is it above 2" of added down travel?

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    You mean 2" of lift, right? Downtravels not added with an aal..

Im pretty sure anything more than 2" will require longer break lines

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 [OP] Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Aal adds lift. Longer shocks add downtravel. I know what u mean. 2", I thought so.

4. Jun 12, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    you don't NEED them with only 2"...anything bigger than 3" it would be a good idea, I haven't had any problems with my 3"

5. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    in a week and a half i'm having my procomp lift installed and i was wondering this as well. the things i plan on doing while everything is apart are. brake and fuel lines or any lines that mey need reinforcing or lengthening, new heavy duty urethane bushings for my front strut tower, light racing upper control arms and shock boots for the rears. fuck it i figured while it's there might as well go for the whole show. i'm also going to try putting on the snorkle when that is done and i think some new walker evens wheels modified by omf are in order as well. i promise an actual photo shoot when i'm done with this mother focker of a truck.

6. Jun 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    cool yeah i pm'd oswego about the snorkel already lol i saw his write up and he said he would be willing to give me a hand with the install really nice guy! i'm having ok auto do all the work so i figured that the brake lines and uca's should just get done any way. where can i pick up the light racing uca's for the best price? i didn't really search it out yet i just figured i would ask seeing as how popular they are some one might have a good idea. i'm in the process of talking with omf and walker evans racing about doing a custom wheel set up as well the lead time on a walker omf set up is like 2 months though lol so not sure if that is going to be the way to go or not. just shy of 500 a wheel but man they look sexy! i can't wait until all of this crap is done so i can relax a bit.

7. Jun 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    haha i know right i have to catch up with the other guy's in jersey this year. i really want to try to be at the next meet, i think it was oswego that was organizing some kind of trail run or something awhile back i would really like to take it out and have some fun! haha i really don't don't want to break any thing though if i can help it. i hope i can work some thing out with the wheels omf makes some crazy shit! with the lift new tires and the snorkle and a few other odds and ends this is getting to be a real expensive regular cab!

Products Discussed in

To Top