1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATV/UTV BS.

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by TnRedNeck721, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah. we have a ’03 recon, and i have flipped it at least 4 times. and but it just on it’s side prob 30+ times. have jumped it, crashed into a few fences. and ride it like i stole it.nothing is bent, and it ride and runes great. only problem we had was the ES shifting solenoid or something. it would not let it down shift some times.

also have a ’04 rancher. i have flipped it like 2 times since ’08(we got it used) have put it on it’s side like 6 times maybe more. i jump it and ride it balls to the wall. agin nothing bent and runs great.

2. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bilsteins front and rear, front set to 1'' and rear are 9'' 5125's, OMD springs in the rear, CSJumper LED's inside, hard wired inverter.
    i have a question, i have a water-cooled quad, am i supposed to let it idle after i ride it hard so the water circulated through the radiator?

3. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    not that i know of. rhino is water cooled, and i ride it balls to the wall for hours(2 even 3 hours with out stopping) and i just stop and turn it of/shut it down. i don’t let it idle at all. the only time it really sits and idles is on really cold days(below like 40) i will let the atv’s sit for maybe 5 min before i ride them. if it is even colder i will let sit longer. reason is so the oil and engine can get up to a good operating temp.

4. Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I've got

2 Sportsman 800's
    1 Sportsman 700
    1 Polaris Ranger
    1 Honda Rancher
    1 Suzuki Kingquad (old)
    2 Honda Recons (old)
    1 Honda Fourtrax (old)

And my dirt scooter :D

5. skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    sold everything
    If my fan is running when I stop, I will let it idle until the fan shuts off.

6. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    well got the winch line wrapped nice and neat not.
    before,
    [​IMG]
    with it all out,
    [​IMG]

and all nice and neat.
    [​IMG]

7. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bilsteins front and rear, front set to 1'' and rear are 9'' 5125's, OMD springs in the rear, CSJumper LED's inside, hard wired inverter.
    allright thanks guys,i usually let it idle for a minute and if the fans still running i'll cut it offand leave the fan running.

i finally got my quad into 4th today and its a rush flying through the woods that fast. i might have a video or two to post later.

8. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    no prob.

yeah i love going ball to the wall thru the woods. on some trails around here, i’ll be doing 25 or 30, and thats not on the logging/haul road(haul roads are kinda like what is in my sig.) some trails have small whoops not very close. but i’ll hit them at 25 or 30 and jump them. i scare anyone that is with me.

9. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    the trail in your sig pic looks pretty nice, the trail i was on had some bumps in it and if i was going fast enough the front end would come off the ground, it was almost uncontrollable.
    i need to get a spanner wrench for the suspension so i can soften it up.
    i also used my quad to tow a tree.

10. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    nvm still figuring this out, how do i upload a video from vimeo?

11. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah thats just a haul road. but their are a lot of trails that are ATV only, and my truck wont even fit down. and i’ll 25 on them, and with the dip or “whoops” i’ll end up jumping or bottoming out.
    idk. i just up load stuff to you tube.

12. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
  13. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    all the trails we were riding on were wide enough for his truck, i want to get a speedometer for my quad.

14. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    you did good! and tell your buddy to wear a damn helmet! not being an asshole. but i have cracked 2 helmets and even busted my head open not wearing one. only time i don’t wear one is when i’m going yard work. because half the time i and towing a small trailer, and getting on and off and picking of rocks, sticks or logs. all our helmets are full face.

15. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    thanks, yeah i told him to but he said no, so i told him he was responsible.
    i wear one everytime i ride, unless i'm just moving them around in the garage.
    all our helmets are full face to except one of my sister's but she also has a full face for when we go to the dunes.

16. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah. i even wear one on the rhino. back in ’08 we had snow, and i was at a buddy’s house. and he had a kawi mule, some how at 10MPH back end started sliding and hit a rock or something, and it flipped it onto it’s side. i hit my head on the roll cage and had to get 6 stitches right above my right temple.

17. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    that sounds like it hurt, i rolled our golf cart doing a j turn it threw me off, wasn't wearing a helmet or seat belts, didn't have a roll cage at the time.

DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg

18. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    a general question, decent cheap LED lights? to add on my quad the stock lights are weak at the desert.

19. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    lol. j turns are fun on golf carts. just don’t flip them.:p and i have never known a golf cart to have seat belts.

20. TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    cheap? idk. maybe just get 2 rigid D2’s or the dually’s.

To Top