1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATX Wheel Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by NJ92783, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    NJ92783

NJ92783 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    (sold) 2010 Super White DC TRD Sport
    I am about to purchase these atx clash wheels but want to make sure I buy the correct parts to fit them properly.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARE-309078538/

1. I have searched and seen someone say that with atx wheels I need acorn style lugs but I cant find that post now. Is this true and is there any specific length for them.

2. I also understand these are lugcentric rims. I have seen people on the forums say you need hubcentric rings to compensate for these rims and eliminate vibration but others have said you dont need the rings. Which is true?

I will be installing these on my 2010 tacoma sport 4 x 4 with 275/70/17 tires with billies all around set at 1.75" and tsb in the rear. Pretty sure that doesnt matter in answering the questions, just getting excited to order haha. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. May 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    not sure what lugs I got for my ATX thugs but I know that they were not the standard lugs that American Tire typically uses....They had to search for them...sorry I can't be more help, just looked at my receipt and it doesn't specify....

3. May 1, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    NJ92783

NJ92783 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    (sold) 2010 Super White DC TRD Sport
    I was just searching the hubcentric issue and think I came across a problem. I understand from what everyone is saying that the hub bore has to be 106mm or higher. The rims I have listed above say, Center Bore Diameter (mm)78.30mm, does this mean they wont fit?

4. May 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    i believe your trucks hub bore is 108mm

Products Discussed in

To Top