1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATX wheels and tires PLUS SKID, PICS GALORE

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BenJammn5, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Apr 29, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Actually, i'm going .5" more on the front w/ the SAWS once they're ready.
    I'm gonna leave the rear, I like the nose high look on pre runners. If my truck was 4x4 I'd want it level but shifting a little weight to the rear technically helps w/ the traction a little bit. Plus I"m not after more height just for looks, tryin to stay as low as possible. My wheeling is usually fast so i'm tryin to keep the low center of gravity.

But an extra 1/2" in the front will help w/ the rubbing. These damn 33" tires rub on the plastic big time when full compression off road, drives me nuts. Eventually I'm just gonna blow it all out and go w/ glass fenders

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    I can't find any AR or ATX wheel on discount tire website. I must have the wrong one?

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I have the Nitto TGs 285/60/18 & they rub like the OP's. Hoping the lift coming this wknd will resolve that. I'd just keep the TGs, what's the treadwear on the other tires? TGs are 520 or 540.

4. Apr 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    What size are your rims? I'm confused because you mentioned discount tire ordering the wrong tire size 285-70-17 is what you ordered and you got 285-75-16, how does that fit?

5. Apr 30, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    I ordered the wheels through discount tire. You wont find american racing on their website you'll only find the AR ATX artillery on tirerack.com.

6. Apr 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    The tread ware is right up there with TG's. Time to try something different. Have some faith, these hankooks are just as good, if not better.
    CHECK OUT these reviews.. u might change ur mind..
    http://www.4x4tirereview.com/skidpadtestHankook.html
    http://www.trucktrend.com/features/gear/163_0710_hankook_dynapro_rf10_all_terrain_tires/index.html

7. Apr 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    The Teflon wheels are 17", a 285/75 r 16 will not fit on a 17" wheel.

8. Dec 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Bringing this thread back from the dead cuz I have the same wheels and love em!

9. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    thanks man. looks like you deleted the wheel caps.. might try the same. Your truck looks nice

Products Discussed in

To Top