1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Austin Area TW Chapter (all gens welcome, even T4Rs; heck, just make it a Toyota and we're good)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by CaptAmerica, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:50 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Good mornin y'all, back at the day job today.

2. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:50 AM
    LostHusker

LostHusker Just one day at a time

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    South, TX
    Vehicle:
    2021 F150, 2015 T4R
    Take it easy today, I know it would be hard for me to take it easy as well.

3. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:55 AM
    Sixt8kupe

Sixt8kupe TTC# 0341

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    The Great State of Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB Off-Road 6-speed - BBP
    @Texoma Do you turn wrenches full time? Take it easy out there, after I had my back surgery I tried to get back into it too soon and 7 years later I'm still hurting everyday.

4. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:56 AM
    exportexp

exportexp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco 4x4 - TTC#069
    Little here and there & ChadsPride Likes This Sticker
  5. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:56 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The guys at work are prob gonna give me shit, but I'm well prepared

6. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:00 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    At my day job I'm a mechanic, electrician, instrument tech, hvac tech, building maintenance man, plant operator, and the list goes on. I'll leave the heavy lifting to the rest of the crew and I'll update my PM list for the next month.

7. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:04 AM
    Sixt8kupe

Sixt8kupe TTC# 0341

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    The Great State of Texas
    Vehicle:
    Dang! like a swiss army knife of skills.:thumbsup:

8. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:10 AM
    WebberLander

WebberLander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4
    Overlanding Rig
    :pccoffee: Morning Ya'll.

9. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:37 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
  10. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:45 AM
    Misplaced Nebraskan

Misplaced Nebraskan TTC #007 'First Gen Best Gen'

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2001 Taco & 16 T4R TPE
    Taco Tuesday epilepsy warning! :rofl:

[​IMG]

ryanbitt, Rogelio22, jlusmc and 5 others like this.
  11. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:46 AM
    Sixt8kupe

Sixt8kupe TTC# 0341

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    The Great State of Texas
    Vehicle:
    Has anybody seen a BBP 3rd gen with the gold or copper SCS Ray10s? I've seen the inferno 3rd gen with them and I'm thinking those gold/copper wheels will go nicely with the BBP. I planned on doing the BHLM this weekend but I saw Cruxxs' truck with the silver HLM to match the truck/wheels and thought, gold wheels with the headlights painted gold inside...hmmmm...or would that be too much gold?

12. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:54 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    If you can get the right color in the headlights, I think it will look sharp AF.

13. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:55 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Mesmerized

14. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:55 AM
    Misplaced Nebraskan

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2001 Taco & 16 T4R TPE
    ^^^this. with a subtle color could look real good... af... :thumbsup:

15. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:56 AM
    Misplaced Nebraskan

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2001 Taco & 16 T4R TPE
    more applicable version of hypno-toad from futurama for this forum :rofl:

16. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:08 AM
    Tynan

Tynan W3YIP

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sky Metallic TRD Offroad
    Morning folks!

17. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:09 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2015 sporty dcsb 4wd
    Lifted, armored, lumenz w/ switches, positraked, long legged, big tars, debadged with a hood skewp
    Look at it, Look into its eyes an be mesmerized!!!:bananadead:

18. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:44 AM
    BassAckwards

BassAckwards Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    AWD Turbo 2TR-FE
    Morning everyone!

19. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:54 AM
    WebberLander

WebberLander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4
    Overlanding Rig
    So as promised, I wanted to share my thoughts on the Chemical Guys Mudder Truck Wash after using it this past Sunday afternoon.

Here is a link to the product:
    https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...=8-3&keywords=chemical+guys+mudder+truck+wash

Initial Thoughts:

• Has a pleasant citrus smell which led me to think its citrus based to help remove heavy mud and dirt.
    • PH balanced so it will not remove the layer of sealant or wax that is already on the vehicle.
    • The wash itself is very thick almost like a gel.
    • Very thick foam from the foam cannon that is tacky and sticks to the panels (this is good and bad in IMHO).
    • Seems to have good lubrication when applying wash mitt.
    • Did seem to remove dirt/mud after just one pass with the wash mitt on the panel.

As you can see from the photos below, using my foam cannon allowed for a thick layer of soap to stick to the paint and slowly drip down off the panels. Compared to Chemical Guys "Snow Foam" this stuff appears to stick more to the paint which leads me to believe why they market this stuff for drity trucks with mud etc. That's a good thing in some sense, but as we get closer to summer this is not ideal when washing on a hot day. When the surface of the truck is hot and you apply a foam wash like this, it tends to flash quickly leaving the soap dried up on the surface along with dirt trapped in the soap. Typically when you use a foam cannon to wash you can spray the entire vehicle down with soap and then go right to your wash method wiping each panel to remove soap/dirt. However to avoid the soap flashing, I would recommend immediately after foaming the vehicle spray down the entire thing with your pressure washer. You'll then most likely still have to do a hand wash to to completely clean the panels on the vehicle.

IMG_1822.jpg IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1810.jpg IMG_1811.jpg IMG_1813.jpg IMG_1814.jpg IMG_1812.jpg IMG_1819.jpgIMG_1817.jpg

Overall its a pretty good product. I wouldn't use it weekly to wash my vehicle and would rather stick to my other methods, it is nice to have this stuff in my detailing product arsenal for washing the truck after a trip to the PINS, Bastrop Trails etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Apr 17, 2018 at 6:00 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Solid review. Thank you for taking the time to do that!

Products Discussed in

To Top