1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Austin Area TW Chapter (all gens welcome, even T4Rs; heck, just make it a Toyota and we're good)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by CaptAmerica, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Sep 1, 2016 at 7:28 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I'll be going to the game from the comfort of my living room, where the beer is cheap and the wings are hot. I'll still keep an eye out for ya.

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Sep 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Some slight differences

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Sep 1, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    Toyojake

Toyojake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Wish I had seen this thread yesterday, I work across the street lol. I'll catch the next meet up.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Sep 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Where at?

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Sep 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    Toyojake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Over at the Toyota dealer. I see you're out in Lago, I'm out there every few weeks.

wagerhope and ChadsPride like this.
  6. Sep 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM
    wagerhope

wagerhope 2000 Landcruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2000 Landcruiser
    Yeah, but I get paid to be there. That money will probably go towards a URD MAF though haha

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Sep 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Awesome. I work near that dealer. I'm at the end of Texas Ave. What ya doin out in Lago?

ChadsPride likes this.
  8. Sep 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Lucky

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. Sep 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    Toyojake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Right on, you've probably seen my speedway blue DC cruising around on Mays lol. It's got a big nasty dent on the right bedside, courtesy of one of round rock's finest Hyundai drivers. Which place on Texas?

We have a house out there, my mother is staying in it. I go out there to maintain the yard and take care of the place.

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:04 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    End of the road on the left called Toppan. I don't recall seeing your truck, but I'll keep a look out. I don't wanna get to creeper on ya, but where in Lago is your Mom? My mom and step dad are down by emerald point, grandma is close to the old police station just off of Bar K, and I'm up on airport hill.

ChadsPride likes this.
  11. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica [OP] Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Hey - didn't recognize the name, so I added you to "the list."

:hattip:

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:07 PM
    Toyojake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Haha. Our place is off dawn near the elementary school. I go fishing out at Emerald point sometimes, now that Travis is up.

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM
    Toyojake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Good deal. I'm a long time lurker, don't have a computer but they just let this site through the site block at work. So I've been on lol. Hope to meet some fellow Taco guys in the future.

14. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Oh cool. The boat ramp over there is a good fishing spot, especially now that the water is up. Let me know when you're in the area and Ill grab my fishin pole too.

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    Toyojake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 T4R Sport 4x4
    Right on, will do. As long as you have a POA card lol. I haven't renewed mine since I moved from Lago. My mother doesn't use the parks lol. They bitched at me last time I was out there!

Does your screen name have anything to do Lake Texoma?

ChadsPride likes this.
  16. Sep 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Yeah, I've got a POA card, and access to the fishing hole as well. Screen name has nothing to do with Lake Texoma. I made the name because I was from Texas and drive a Tacoma.

phillstill and ChadsPride like this.
  17. Sep 1, 2016 at 4:09 PM
    itzyoboipaul

itzyoboipaul Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    PFville, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR Cement
    ChadsPride likes this.
  18. Sep 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica [OP] Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    I travel through two school zones on the way home, and cops are friggin' everywhere. Also, the high school changed its release time, so all those Crockett brats are jaywalking across Manchaca while everyone else is trying to sneak through there at 20 mph. How about giving some of those juvenile fucktardians some detention for that shit!

ChadsPride and phillstill like this.
  19. Sep 2, 2016 at 8:43 AM
    wagerhope

wagerhope 2000 Landcruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2000 Landcruiser
    Okay so I think it's time for me to get a CB radio for the rig for off-roading. I've done some googling, but I figured it'd be wise to ask here since there's a boat load of knowledge specific to our trucks.

I'd prefer something that is out of the way when I don't need it (glovebox?). I have a softopper, so I'll need a mount that stays out of the way of that (no rail mount).

Point me in the right direction! What all do I need? Where are good places to buy gear, either local or online?

Thanks!

ChadsPride likes this.
  20. Sep 2, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    Spansfelder

Spansfelder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX / Germany
    Vehicle:
    05 4WD
    ChadsPride and wagerhope like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top