1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Austin Area TW Chapter (all gens welcome, even T4Rs; heck, just make it a Toyota and we're good)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by CaptAmerica, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Sep 29, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    10-4

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Sep 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    AAChaoshand

AAChaoshand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan SL 4x4
    Has there been another meet since the one we had many months ago at the Roadhouse? I haven't been keeping track too much, got a new motorcycle and been having a blast with it.

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Sep 30, 2016 at 3:50 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Maybe a few under the radar meets, but nothing too big. Cars n Coffee coming up on the 9th though. Can I add you to the list?

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Sep 30, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    Toyboata

Toyboata Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist 2004 TRD OR 4x4 Manual 3.4
    Relentless Fab Armor. OME lift. 31" Nitto's
    I'll be there on the 9th! :burnrubber:

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Sep 30, 2016 at 7:35 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Added to list

ChadsPride likes this.
  6. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    AAChaoshand

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan SL 4x4
    I may or may not be able to make it, depending on how my back feels. I've been getting arthritis injections and haven't been in a position to do much. I'll know more by the end of next week after I get my last shot.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Let me know when you know and Ill add you to the list. @Sleipnir is trying to get prizes together for attendees and needs a roll call.

ChadsPride likes this.
  8. Sep 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM
    AAChaoshand

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan SL 4x4
    Man if I came to that I'd want to take my cruiser and not the truck, looking at the place. I've never been there since I rarely go into Austin these days.

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. Sep 30, 2016 at 6:48 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Then bring the cruiser, I'm hoping my Dad lets me borrow his 69 Camaro to bring it.

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. Sep 30, 2016 at 7:23 PM
    AAChaoshand

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan SL 4x4
    I need to get TXTags for the damn thing.... Once the plates come in.

ChadsPride likes this.
  11. Oct 3, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Toyboata and ChadsPride like this.
  12. Oct 3, 2016 at 7:26 PM
    Spansfelder

Spansfelder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX / Germany
    Vehicle:
    05 4WD
    Anybody running OME Dakar leafs? How do they ride compared to factory?

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. Oct 4, 2016 at 3:35 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    I am. IMHO they ride better than my stock 3+1 pack. I did add extended length rear Bilsteins also.

14. Oct 4, 2016 at 3:59 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    They're stiffer than stock.

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Oct 4, 2016 at 6:58 AM
    Spansfelder

Member:
    Austin, TX / Germany
    Vehicle:
    05 4WD
    Main reason for asking: Got a new bumper with tire carrier coming and I am not sure how the stock leafs will handle all the weight.

There is a decent set on CL at the moment.

ChadsPride likes this.
  16. Oct 4, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Yeah, i would get em if you plan on carrying anything regularly. I really like mine, no bs. @Texoma are you running Dakars?? I didnt get too good of a look at your rig, just drooled over that rear bumper for too long.

17. Oct 4, 2016 at 7:43 AM
    Spansfelder

Member:
    Austin, TX / Germany
    Vehicle:
    05 4WD
    @Texoma

Ever put an air locker in?

ChadsPride likes this.
  18. Oct 4, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    The weight in the rear will make the dakars react better. I've got the OME aals for the dakars in my garage if you feel you need more load carrying capability or more lift. Never installed the ARB locker before, but is pretty strait forward. If I had the $550 to spend on it, I would have snagged it up. Basically you just have to pull the gears from the pumpkin and put the locker in, little more to it than that, but not impossible. Then of course drill a hole in the housing for an air line.

ChadsPride likes this.
  19. Oct 4, 2016 at 9:52 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Yup, got the dakars. Had AP standard leafs before that, I didn't like them as much as the OME's.

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Oct 4, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    Spansfelder

Member:
    Austin, TX / Germany
    Vehicle:
    05 4WD
    Up to the challenge? I probably pick up that thing

ChadsPride likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top