1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Door Locks

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by big69bob, Feb 1, 2012.

1. blueinKS

blueinKS Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD OffRoad DCSB 4x4
    mgratton,

I would prefer if my locks locked in Drive and unlocked in Park over what they do now. Very poor feature in the usability category in my opinion. And since I worked in a Human-Machine Interface (usability) job for 3 years I think I know a little something about it.

2. mgratton

mgratton Yoda fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 w/Tow Package
    Yes, the Tacoma is a good truck but Toyota did drop the ball on some minor features that are common in many vehicles these days such as auto locks and automatic headlights.

mikeg

3. jminnicks

jminnicks New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 access cab
    08 Taco with factory keyless entry. HANG IN THERE WITH ME ON THIS ONE,,LOTS OF QUESTIONS OUT THERE THAT ABOUT DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK THAT I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE INFO TO CONTRIBUTE.

Door locks used to lock in Drive and unlock in Park. However, I unknowingly bumped the cover off a small device located under the dash near the hood release handle. With that condition (cover off) whenever the doors were closed a blue light on that device flashed. At this point I couldn't find the cover so while troubleshooting the blue flashing light annoyance, I found a small button on the device and pushed it. That didn't stop the light flashing but once I found and reinstalled the cover, the blue light stopped flashing, however I discovered my doors would remain unlocked regardless of being in Drive or Park AND I had to find instructions to reprogram my keyless entry FOBS as they would not lock/unlock the doors. Obviously, the device is a functioning component of the keyless entry AND a programming feature for auto door lock/unlock depending on transmission position. Pushing the button or other messing around I did with the device changed programming for my locks and keyless entry.

Anyone else had a similar situations we can piece together more clues and solutions !!!!
    I liked the auto door lock in Drive and unlock in Park feature and would like to find out how to restore it.

4. texvet61

texvet61 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hella Black magic lights, HID headlights, HID fog lights, CB, Yeasu 817ND HF Ham, Warn VF8000 (bumper coming, still deciding on HWMS vs US Offroad)
    My Silverado did both (2010, and a LS work truck platform at that)

To Top