1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

auto-lsd engaging while cornering on the highway? is this normal?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacohandycap, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    I did I answer OP's question...

The fact that some butt hurt people dont like the answer is not my problem. :rolleyes:

2. Jun 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Did you open the .pdf in the first post of the link I attached ?

3. Jun 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    I provided OP with solution that is gurantee to work(only solution that is gurantee to work), you decided to jump in with your BS on my post. Now with the post above I have to ask "Who made you moderator here because sure you act like one" :rolleyes:

I still stand by my original statement. With problems OP is having its his chance to get out from this truck and get 05-08 that will never had that issue. I ma pretty sure dealer would be willing to work since they can not fix the problem.

4. Jun 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Make it stop

5. Jun 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Tacohandycap

Tacohandycap [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Flow Master Exhaust 3" lift 285/75/16 ProComp Series 7089 ProComp Wheels

thanks

6. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    "See you are just a broken record like David posting your stupid BS in every ALSD/VSC/ATRAC thread."

??? I never posted anything from BlueT...

I only post what I have discovered or learned about how my truck works to help others. BlueT often jumps in to talk down Toyota technology that is beyond him. I hope someday he accepts the modern systems that do work, as I have... Four wheeling since 1975!

How about playing nice and not getting personal... It's about Tacomas, not us, afterall. ;)

7. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    The truth isn't bashing... but I have apologized for bugging any Sport owners. Most I have met have not been able to go where my Off Road can, and also did not know there was a difference in ability... the salesmen only point that the Sport has the 'cool' hood scoop and the Off Road doesn't.

A-TRAC and the Rear Locker make a Tacoma so much more functional off road for those who want it! I have NO BEEF with anyone who wants a sport car look on their pickup truck. Heck, they can lower it too, if it makes them happy. I just want FUTURE Tacoma buyers to know how awesome the Off Road is compared to ANY other truck... in case their salesman is not doing his job.

The hood scoop put downs where in good humor and not meant to upset anyone... If a fake hood scoop is important to you, fine! It sure doesn't help the truck move at all!

I like what Toyota has done with the Off Road and I am on my third. I hope others who enjoy the outdoors and off highway fun will find out the same.

8. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    and I am still wondering what your fascination is with the fat kid putting a shirt on? Good night Christian!

Products Discussed in

To Top