1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

auto shift lever adjust?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by moustache ride, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    moustache ride

moustache ride [OP] Member

Member:
    Golden, BC
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    6" fabtech, 8000lb Warn W/ARB bumper, command start, 33 pro comps on 15s, Apline stereo.
    Hey

I noticed that my shifter will go from Drive to second with only slight pressure.
    It even occasionally jumps into second on it's own while driving.

Dose anyone know if theres some way to adjust it??

2. Mar 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Palmdale,Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma prerunner 3.4 auto trans trd,
    Trd edition,black powdercoated wheels,king Coils front, king double bypass rear, k&n cai, jba headers,borla exhuast,optima batt,xenon hid,crystal headlights,rewired entire car to four guage wiring on big stuff alt starter etc.,alpine screen,focal honeycomb components,JL four channel amp,dynamated entire inside of truck and hoodliner,limo tint all rear windows,LEDs everywhere possible dome light, tails,fronts,04 tailights,
    Try crawling under the truck there's an adjustment right directly under the controls under the truck, lined mine up that way, just have someone in the truck while you're doin this so you know when you are lined up. Don't forget to chalk off you're wheels so you don't run yourself over! By the way all the auto shift knobs bob back and forth while goin down the road because the tranny mounts give alittle even if replaced with new ones. Good luck this should be easy.

To Top