1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AUTO window switches

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rraether, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jun 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    rraether

rraether [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    so i have had this idea about replacing the regular non auto power switches for the windows to the AUTO switches so all of my window switches roll down at the touch of a button. has anyone done this or know how to do this?? any info would be great.

2. Jun 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    rraether

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    yeah i was thinking of maybe buying an auto down switch and see if it would just plug and play like the drivers window. hopefully someone will chime in who has a little more info. thanks

3. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    chatapuggy1

chatapuggy1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    Try This....

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=onetouchwindows

I know the switches look very similar to the late model Lexus ES300 99-06, i couldn't see why you couldn't utilize one of the above devices and maybe use the lexus switches. Would take some work, and as the switches usually come apart and mount from the bottom of the top cover piece, you would probably have to get that piece redone or try to fab one up. Just an idea for you, that's all.

Sounds like a great idea, my VW has them stock and think the auto up and down are a great feature in all cars.

4. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
  5. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    rraether

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    hmmmm..... well suddenly i dont think it is that bad holding a switch down for a couple seconds. lol thanks for the input guys.

6. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    I try my best to stick with the rule of "if its not broken don't fix it". This mod falls under that catagory. However, the convienence factor would be nice. But if you are doing it for the passenger, think about how many times you have had a passenger who really needed this feature? If your normal, you will find more options to consider spending your money and time on. If it was a plug and play it would be a no brainer...

7. Jun 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    My Mercedes had auto down & up for all windows, but nobody ever used it right. I do like your one-touch, all down idea though.

RZ Rob

Products Discussed in

To Top