1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Automatic headlights? or am i the only one

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 01Yota, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    01Yota

01Yota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2003 toyota tacoma 4x4 Little monster truck
    so in anyone elses 1st gen tacoma at night time when you have your headlights on and you turn off your truck do the lights stay on when the keys out of the ignition and you dont shut the lights off? and will stay on till you open the driver door then they go off? or am i the only one not sure if its factory or not

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    sander1036

sander1036 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Snack Food Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 TRD Double Cab 4x4
    THULE Roof Rack, Color matched grille w/ GrilleCraft, Toytec Ultimate, 33 x 12.5 Duratracs, Bushwacker Cut Out Flares, Cvt Mt Shasta, Cvt Awning, LEER Cap
    thats stock mines just like it

3. Sep 26, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    01Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    thats what i thought myself i thought id put the word out and ask my dads been harpin me about it so now i got proof that its a stock thing. he thinks it has apart in my hids messing but but i think thats my fault for buying ddm but you get what you pay for

4. Sep 29, 2011 at 8:36 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    What's wrong with DDM? and whats your fault? You just found out everything's fine?

5. Sep 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    01Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    My DDMs there self (lights) work amazingly and are bright as all get out but sometimes when I'm driving and I get to my destination and turn off my truck ad lights my lights stay on funny I know so I called DDM about it no response figures and my dad thought that when I open my door when my truck was off my lights automatically went off (on my stocks lights, sometimes on my hids) that it could be a problem effecting my hids I told him it was a stick thing it's just a big mess though

6. Sep 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    01Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Stock*

7. Sep 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Hmm yeah iv heard of ddm's not going off when the door is opened like some tacos do.

But I don't think mine do that? I have a 99 prerunner and if I leave my lights on and open my door after the car is off it just beeps at me u till I turn them off...maybe it's just my year ??

Iv got some DDM's on the way to me and I'm curious if I'm going to have any issues..

8. Sep 29, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    01Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    The lights them self are good I think you'll be happy with them as am I it's just aggravating when the mess up I wish you the bet though I called the place I ordered mine and got them to send me a new relay it's a simple easy fix an there easy as pie to put in also

Products Discussed in

To Top