1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AutoPartsDealer.com through Amazon

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by SManZ, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    POSITIVE UPDATE: 04/22

After my poor experiences with this vendor, I left appropriate feedback on Amazon. About 2 days ago I got an email from the president of AutoPartsDealer. He apologized for the poor shopping experience and explained that his business had expanded faster than he could keep up and the level of service had suffered. He also made a very generous offer and asked me to consider trying them again and retracting my feedback on Amazon.

I emailed him back the next day thanking him for his email and telling him that I would be interested in taking him up on his offer and trying AutoPartsDealer again.

I talked to him over the phone today and he apologized again and thanked me for the opportunity to make things right. I ordered a set of EBC Sport rotors for my truck and he said he would get them shipped out as soon as possible and get me the tracking information when they shipped.

Although the initial purchase didn't go well, I can definitely respect a person and a company that would admit fault and go out of their way to contact me to make things right. To me, that makes the overall shopping experience a positive one. The negative feedback I left on Amazon doesn't really apply anymore since things were made right so I was happy to remove it.

I'll let you all know how this turns out! If this goes well, I'd be willing to try them again for future purchases. Their prices are definitely competitive!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Original Post Below
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I ordered a AFE Pro-Dry S 21-90044 filter and an AFE 28-10091 pre-filter from AutoPartsDealer.com. These filters were intended as a replacement for the oiled filter that comes with the TRD intake.

They were shown as in-stock and ready to ship when I placed the order at the end of March. Expected delivery was April 2 to April 7. On April 5 I received an automated email from Amazon saying that the items had not shipped and my card had not been charged. I emailed AutoPartsDealer.com through the Amazon site on the same day requesting an estimated ship date by April 7th. I didn't get a reply by the 7th, I still have not received any reply from them. I emailed Amazon again letting them know I did not receive any response and that I wanted to cancel the order.

Amazon replied that the order would be automatically cancelled but that I could further things along by emailing the seller to cancel the order, which I did. I requested that they confirm my order was cancelled. I didn't get any communication from AutoPartsDealer.com about it.

Today, I received a ship notification from AutoPartsDealer.com for an order that I cancelled 5 days ago. I emailed Amazon again this morning, and they have filed a claim on my behalf under their 'A-to-Z Guarantee'.

Amazon's customer service up to this point has been great. They respond to emails in less than 3 hrs. They actually read the message I send and respond to its specifics. There are portions of their reponses that are cut-and-paste standard responses to situations, but they do mention specifics from my emails. Its nice that they don't just send out cookie-cutter responses that may/may not fit the email.

Does anybody have any experiences with the Amazon A-to-Z? What can I do to make sure I don't get stuck with these filters? The Amazon claim is supposed to be reviewed by the 28th. The filters are en-route and should be here by the end of the week. I'm not going to even open the package.

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    That sucks dude. If it's delivery confirmation refuse to sign for it and tell them to send it back. If not, stamp a big return to sender on it and tell them you don't want their junk if they aren't going to provide any decent customer service.
    Did you already buy from a different vendor? That would suck to be stuck with two. I don't think Amazon will leave you hanging out to dry though. They seem to be a very reputable company although I've never had to dispute anything with them.

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    The package from AutoPartsDealer.com will probably be delivered to the rental office at my apartment. Return to Sender sounds like a good idea. When I get it I'll email Amazon again and ask for their suggestion.

I guess as a last resort I can dispute the transaction on my card. I've got high hopes that Amazon will make this right though.

I did buy the filters from another vendor; Totally Twisted Creations. My dealings with them have been 100% positive. I'm looking forward to receiving their shipment and it should be here sometime this week! TTC was recommended to me by another forum member. They shipped quick, their customer service is great, and their email communication regarding my order is top-notch. I got order processing info, shipping notification, and tracking info as soon as it was available.

I could not figure out how to add more than one item to the cart so I did two separate check-outs through PayPal and was charged shipping twice. I emailed them asking if the shipping could be combined for these orders and they promptly credited me the $5 shipping on the prefilter.

4. Apr 14, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    KnurledNut

KnurledNut Cracker in a Taco

Member:
    Sonova Beach
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5
    I've used Amazon extensively over the years. In general, most of their third party sellers are top-notch. But I have run in to a few sellers that really had no clue. Amazon took care of everything. If the package arrives, refuse it.

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    I received an email from Amazon this morning that they are processing my refund and it should be credited to my card in 10 days :)

The package may not have left the shipping facility so hopefully its not making its way here.

Yesterday i got the filter and pre-filter in from TTC. I think I'll put the TRD intake back on the truck on Monday morning!

6. Apr 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Updated the original post. AutoPartsDealer.com contacted me a few days ago to apologize for the bad experience I had and things are on their way to being made right! Check out the first post for the details. I'll let you all know how this turns out!

7. Apr 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    funny story, i've got the same problem.

i ordered a hitch receiver shackle through Amazon.com from autopartsdealer on 14 Apr. Supposed to ship out 15-16 April. I received a notice that my order wouldn't ship until the frist week of MAY. I canceled my order on 19 April. I received an email from autopartsdealer 19 April (same day) advising that my order will be canceled. No charge on my credit card, but the item was shipped via Fedex with a tracking number on April 21. Supposed to be delivered 23 April. I already ordered the same part from another retailer that I will pick up in store tomorrow....

8. Apr 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Through Amazon Ordered Westion oval steps 21-2770 from them.
    Ordered last Wednesday, emailed them Monday regarding tracking info, received them Tuesday.
    Great price, fast ship, mediocre communications.

9. Apr 22, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    If it were me, I would contact them and ask them for a return shipping label so you could send back the one that was FedExed. I asked for the same thing for the AFE filter that I got from them. It didn't feel right to keep something that I got a refund for.

Their offices are in California but my package was shipped from Georgia. If the same thing happened to yours I imagine the cancellation notice didn't get from their offices to the shipping distributor in time.

10. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    bakerla, bruinsrme, check your PMs. I linked APD to this thread and he read your posts about your orders. He sent me contact info to forward to you so he could help you with your orders directly.

11. Apr 23, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    thanks. i got the charge on my credit card. package is supposed to arrive today. i already picked up my other shackle hitch thingy today. autopartsdealer was cheaper, so i'll compare the two items to make sure they are the same product / quality and return the more expensive one. if i have any issues i'll call.

12. Apr 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Thanks for the PM.

I have no problems using Autopartsdealer again.

13. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Great news! I did place a second order last week for EBC brake rotors. As promised, I got prompt shipping and very quick delivery, all with a great deal on these rotors :) Looking forward to putting them on tomorrow!

For me, they've definitely made up for the troubles I had with the first order. I'm still impressed that they did everything that they did to keep me as a customer. They didn't know that I had posted to TW until later so initially I was just one guy that posted a negative comment on Amazon and they wanted to convince me they were worth a second try. I'll be going back!

14. Apr 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    msikes

msikes New Member

Member:
    I placed an order for in stock parts. Price was good even though I read bad ratings so I thought I would give a local shop a try.
    Order confirmation said all in stock and will ship following day.
    Receive a message 2 days later saying there was a price increase and they wanted more money and to call.
    I called within minutes and then was told the products were not even in stock either and would have to wait 10 days minimum after I paid them more money.

This place really needs to work on their customer service. It stinks. I will never shop there again.

Products Discussed in

To Top