1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Autopartswarehouse.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Reznor88, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    I can't recommend these guys.

Nearly two months ago I hoped on their site to order an AFE Pro Dry filter for my truck. I get the package fairly quickly but when I open it's clearly the wrong filter. Whatever, I'll just return it. So I look up the return policy and of course it's not straight forward.

I email the return department to get a processing number to return it and then I wait. Then I wait a little longer. Several days after the return email I get a response but it's not a return authorization, it's an email asking me 20 questions about the product and why it won't work. I respond to their questions and let them know it's clearly the wrong filter, there's no way in hell it'll fit a Tacoma. A wait a few more days for a response, finally get another email more or less asking if receiving the incorrect filter was an error on my part.

I forward them my original invoice, and shoot them the link to their own site where I bought the filter that clearly stated fits my Tacoma model. I also mention that I'd love to just be able to return this thing, get my money back, and go elsewhere to get a filter that'll fit my truck. Of course, days later I get another response. About 2 weeks after back and forth emails (mostly waiting time) I get the confirmation number to send it back. Away it goes. Then a few weeks go by.

I'm starting to wonder where my money is at this point. It's been a little over 3 weeks and I shipped that sucker out Priority and the damn thing was staying in California. I email them asking "where's my money man, I want my money" and after a couple day I get no response. Shoot them another email asking what the hell is going over there and I want my damn refund, I get it the next day...minus a 10% restocking fee.

So at this point I'm out the original shipping, the return shipping, and now a restocking fee. I call them up this time and explain that it was their error and ask why I have to pay for them to ship it to me, me ship it back, and then for them to put it back on a shelf. They tell me it's their policy, I tell them it's their fault, I get transferred to some one else and get the same story that I returned it, I pay a restocking fee regardless of whether or not they send me the wrong part. Whatever.

So in summary, they sent me the wrong part and I probably would have been better off with my money if I had just lit the damn thing on fire and watched it burn. It would have been more entertaining, a better use of my money, and wouldn't have taken damn near 2 months.

2. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    RMTacoguy30

RMTacoguy30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 DC Prerunner Sport TRD
    EGR in channel Vent Visors, Flowmaster American Thunder Dual Exhaust, Thule ToolBox, AFE Pro Dry Drop In Air Filter, Weathertech Floorliners, TC UCA's, Camburg Spindles, AllPro 3" rear.
    Sorry about your luck man. Try streetsideauto and use the discount code "save". I think is comes to like 53.95 shipped. Thats where I got mine. And its the cheapest I've found. I had mine in like 3 days.

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    middiedefense

middiedefense like a boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    GA, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab. V6, 6spd, sr5, 4x4, OME 3" kit
    OME 3" Complete kit, TRD O/R Wheels (rattle can flat black), Black Badges, Ultra Gauge
    Damn bro

I'm so tired of all these man behind the curtain company's that don't give a shit about people.

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    RMTacoguy30

RMTacoguy30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 DC Prerunner Sport TRD
    EGR in channel Vent Visors, Flowmaster American Thunder Dual Exhaust, Thule ToolBox, AFE Pro Dry Drop In Air Filter, Weathertech Floorliners, TC UCA's, Camburg Spindles, AllPro 3" rear.
    What part number did you order?

5. Oct 4, 2010 at 3:49 AM
    Dynamic

Dynamic Member

Member:
    Las Vegas/Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 V6 SR5 Upgrade Offroad Pkg.
    Done: All new skid plates, locking gas cap, snugtop xtra vision cap, diff mod breather, mudflap mod, rokr t505 Plan to do: backup camera full time switch, fog bypass on hi beams, winch, rock sliders, cb radio, pa system, engine led light, rims, larger tires
    ordered parts from here and they messed up the order, and it was a pain in the ass to get a refund. Don't waste your time with them. :mad:

6. Oct 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    gunner_20

gunner_20 .....

Member:
    Nixa, MO
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the heads up! Sorry they f'ed you over

7. Oct 6, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    Plus you got to pay return shipping$$$$

8. Oct 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    I'm over the whole ordeal I just figured I'd give others a heads up. There's nothing special about the place, it's one of the dime-a-dozen auto part websites. I played google roulette and lost that one, plenty of other sites out there.

I'd have to look it up but I know it should have been the correct filter. I input all the vehicle information and it showed me all the compatible parts. Even on the receipt included with the wrong filter it had the correct info, just the wrong part in the box.

Good so see I'm not the only one.

9. Oct 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    tacomadude18

tacomadude18 18 Tacoma Cement

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Midland TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DCLB
    K&N cold air intake
    i got my intake from there, im glad with it. but the only problem i had was they didnt have the right pic, u know? i was expecting something else but i guess that was the part.. its whatever.

10. Oct 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Gentle Ben

Gentle Ben Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma MGM DC 4x4 TRD Offroad S/C'd
    Sometimes you roll the dice. I hate it when companies have convoluted return policies which are designed to frustrate you and make you not want to return things. I bought my AFE from Streetside, got it in about 3 days.

11. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    Kahunadave

Kahunadave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 DC PrernrTRD Sport
    K&N CAI-series 63, custom Billet Grille, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Tactic 17x8, Toyo A/T opencountry 265/70/17, Iridium plugs.
    Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear about the hassell! Got my JBA headers from there without any problem but can't say if they fit/work or not since they've been sitting in my Garage for the past year :(

12. Jun 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Sorry had to reserect this one.

Ordered from them the 19th of May and here it is June 2nd. I got my Pro Dry filter- no issues there. Then I tryed to call about an exhaust tip I ordered because the order is "processing". I have been on the phone for 2 days and have spoken to some very nice customer service people but no one can answer if its in transit or back ordered or anything. Worst part is I cant even cancel my order (which they found out is IN STOCK!) because they have to contact the vender to see if its been shipped already or not. Wait 48-72hrs and we will hear a status back from the warehouse, wtf?! I really wanna just flame the customer service reps but its the f$&king warehouse's fault!!

To Top