1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Autozone employee RANT

Discussion in 'Military' started by Zac808, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Mar 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    God Bless our troops and this country... And remember everyone has bad days

2. Mar 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Remember kids, the Military is a microcosm of society. ;)

3. Mar 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    You made me spill a little beer on my shirt

:rofl:

4. Mar 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Copy, I owe ya a beer :cheers:

5. Mar 2, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    this thread was an interesting read...

So autozone gives a FD discount?? When I get my uniform for the volly dept I am with perhaps I will go down and pick up some parts

:D :p

6. Mar 3, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    BackwoodsBoy

BackwoodsBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Pittsburgh Area
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Wow... i actually agree with OZ on that one

7. Mar 3, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    First, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, thank you for demonstrating the restraint that honors every military veteran.

And finally, I do hope you either talked with the manager or walked out of the store, went home and wrote a letter to their corporate office sharing you experience. You can bet Autozone doesn't offer the discount with the intentions of making vets feel like someone is doing them a favor.

8. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Starbucks does support the military. Our local Starbucks asks us, the customer, to buy a lb of coffee and they send it to the troops overseas.

Furthermore as a vet myself if I see a uniformed service member in Starbucks I will pay for his or her coffee if they allow me to.

Link to Starbucks concerning the misunderstanding concerning Starbucks.

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

Now for you that boycot Starbucks because of the cost I say more power to you.

To the OP:
    I hope you did get the lack of a discount resolved properly. You never should have had to anything had the DB employee known what they were supposed to do.

9. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Wow, what a thread to wake up to. First, fuck everyone who disrespects those who provide your freedoms and protection from the bullshit from around the globe. Fuck all establishments that cannot support the military at least in spirit and show them the respect they deserve when not actin like the banned dude. Fuck those that don't understand why military servicemen and women deserve they respect they do for their sacrifice and their families sacrifice. And fuck me if I would continue to patronize a place who has eye rollin put out actin employees to enact a store policy either. I could not stand there and let that happen without speaking up for the service man or woman even if they didn't, drop whatever I was about to buy, buy what they were there for instead, suggest the store fuck themselves and ask if they understand loosing more money from acting that way than just giving the discounts and be proud to do it in a cheerful manner to serve someone in some small way that has done something far bigger for them especially when that discount isn't even coming out of their own pocket. OP and all those who have had to deal with this type shit, sorry & thanks for your service. Mr. Mod, I applaud the ban..........now for some non-starbuck coffee, good mornin.

10. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Is this sarcasm because that does not = starfucks support of the military, that = you supporting the military.

11. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    markinvictoria

markinvictoria New Member

Member:
    I had a run in with a assistant manager at O'Rileys over a $20 sale item return. He basically called me a liar and I became a bit upset. Went home...got the home office on the internet...posted a complaint. Next day I got a apology phone call from the district manager saying it will never happen again. Went back to the store to resolve the problem...the assistant manager jumped all over my ass for reporting him. Back to the home office on the internet again...told them their 'talk' did not take. I don't get upset over $20...but calling me a liar in front of other customers and employees...that's another thing. I haven't seen him around since. Gotta love the internet!!

12. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Me too....though I might have said, "does Autozone offer a military discount"?
    IMHO both of you could have said things differently but I certainly would have backed you up if you needed any help shoving that battery up his a$$.

edit; Autozone has now lost my buisness, I have a NAPA a little over a mile further down the road, well worth the extra mile.

13. Mar 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Sometimes I really hate the internet. No sarcasm at all. Our local Starbucks supports the military and I definetly support them, Starbucks and the military, as well.

The current soliders really have a tough time as it is. Not since WWII have we, as a country, asked so much of of soldiers with established families to do so much for our country.

14. Mar 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    FWIW ... I was in Home Depot last week and had my first "questioning" about my ID & 10% discount at checkout. :eek:

The checkout guy said he had seen some fake IDs and asked me what I did in military ... when I served in the military ... then asked me if I knew KungFu ... we both laughed ... I paid & grabbed my bag and left ... :D

PS: The Autozone guys here have been fantastic with my ID .. even gave me a card for an extra $5.00 next time I come in the store.
    You just got a "weenie wannabe" on a power trip.

15. Mar 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Would love to hear exactly how the original conversation went with the assistant manager. I worked in auto parts for three years and can't count how many times I had people threaten me. The "are you calling me a liar" line was common, and usually accompanied by what appeared to be genuine rage. Nothing ever happened, but there was always a hammer, pipe wrench, or something similar within reach under that counter. I was genuinely concerned for my safety, and this is anything but a tough town.

The usual thing that set these guys off was them trying to return something without a receipt. I always said the same thing: "no sir, I am not calling you a liar, I am telling you I cannot issue a refund without a reciept."

I don't know what happened in your case, and I'm not accusing you of anything. But sometimes it's the customer that's out of line. Funny enough, it's usually those customers who try to go up the food chain and get someone fired.

16. Mar 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    1998tacomaowner

1998tacomaowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    clarkston WA
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma
    3in lift,33s
    Is it me or is it any auto parts stores they are all that way I have tried everyone in my town we have 7 different ones and I have only found one guy at napa that I like anyone else I avoid if I can

17. Mar 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    Socalrunner

Socalrunner Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glendora
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB
    Icon Coilovers
    That sucks. I work at O'reilly auto parts and I respect people who served in the armed forces. We offer a military dicount but I always apologive because its 2 percent and I tell them I wish it was more then just that. Customers sometimes over react and sometimes we do as well. To flat out disrespect someone is just beyond me. I usually react to people being rude with me. Like " well autozone has it 50cents cheaper" Ya but do they have it in stock? What is your time worth to you haha.

Just go up the food chain. We take things like this very seriously. We have the district managers phone number posted on the door as well as the regional managers number.

18. Mar 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    It's not just you man. I think Napa just hires a little more quality employees. Parts plus is also good up here in WA

19. Mar 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    EAT HIS SOUL

20. Mar 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    1998tacomaowner

1998tacomaowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    clarkston WA
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma
    3in lift,33s
    i dont think is autozone napa or orillys i think it every auto parts store iv ever been to im not military but some times those people are dicks

Products Discussed in

To Top