1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aux cable to factory tape deck

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jsidis, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM
    jsidis

jsidis [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    six inch lift
    There may be a way, by tapping into the unused CD components on the PCB, but since I could not find an exact schematic diagram, I don't know where they are. If you're a stock-purist, this would be ideal because there's a button for a CD on the radio and a plug in back for expansion; its just unused. I haven't ever used the tape deck for playing a cassette, so this mod was acceptable for me.

I should also note that this mod will feed sound in with the radio, if you dont switch over to tape (either wiring in your own switch or inserting a tape). The radio and AUX play together if you leave it on radio. Unplug aux, and radio plays fine. Switch to tape and AUX plays fine.

2. Apr 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM
    mechanicjon

mechanicjon They call me "Jonny Stubs"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    04 Taco SC 4dr SR5 TRD Prerunner
    Supercharged, AEM FIC/6, Meth Inj, ION Alloy's, Radio & Phone steering Wheel controls,Fabtech AAL, Billie's wrapped with 880's , Tundra big brake conversion, bully bars and Pioneer DDin Stereo/dvd with exterrnal usb ports. 290K and going strong.
    I noticed in that write up he had to add a switch. Tricking the radio into thinking it had a cassette in it. Did you have to do that to?

edit: after refreshing my browser you answered my question.

jsidis[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top