1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Average Cost....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bu11etWhisperer, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    Bu11etWhisperer

Bu11etWhisperer [OP] My Taco is Blue!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Douglasville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner, SR5, TRD Sport, Speedway Blue
    Hey Guys,
    What are you paying on average for Nerf/Step Bars and Bull Bars in chrome/Polished Stainless Steel? I just want to get an idea of what I should pay without over paying :eek:. I am assuming prices are different in different area's so....
    Where did you get them and what did you pay?
    Also what size did you go with 2.5" or 3.0" or the 4.0"? (research shows that popular idea is 3" & 4" apply to the Fullsize trucks while the 2.5" are for Taco's and other midsize trucks)

Thanks Again

2. Mar 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. Mar 21, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I have a buddy of mine who worked for a truck place and he sold me my stainless westin bull bar and westin platinium step bars for $325 each! I installed them myself.

4. Mar 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    They look good 2 me. Do you have a shorty in your life.. If so are the steps appreciated ?

5. Mar 21, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    No midgets , but I intend to lift my truck in the very near future ,

OZ

6. Mar 21, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    deftoned_one

deftoned_one Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    missouri
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    K&N AIR FILTER,RUNNING BOARDS
    i got a pair of efx running boards for my dcab. i paid $250 for the pair, they are the stainless steel ones.

7. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    I would go with the 3" NFab. I had 2" and they looked good, but 3" looks better IMO. The plus is that if you ever decide get rid of them, they'll probably be a lot more people interested in buying them then regular ol' nerf bars. Plus the N-Fabs look a million times better.

Just search, search, and search some more on the internet for the best price and search the different threads on here to see what looks best to you. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!You'll be surprised at the deals you can find. I think I found my stainless N-Fabs last year for around $300 when other hads them close to $500. Found them in clearance at performance4trucks.com....

As far as bull bars I purchased a stainless Hunter bull bar for under $200. I looked as good as chrome and before I started blacking out my truck, it held up perfectly. Good luck

To Top