1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Avid Offroad Slider pic request (underside)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by usmctopgun, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    usmctopgun

usmctopgun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 S/C
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Borla Cat-back, 3" Toytec Ultimate, LR UCAs, 18" ATX Artillery, 285/65/18, Bakflip HD w/ LED lighting, Katzskins 2 Tone Leather, JBL w/ Bluetooth and XM, WeatherTechs, 55w HIDs, 35w Fogs, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Viair 480c /3 gallon tank OBA setup, Avid Sliders and Light bar
    I know what they look like (in fact I have already ordered them), but what I haven't seen is an pic of how they are mounted (I know welded to frame or bolted to cab mounts depending on choice), just haven't actually seen a pic of the mounts underneath. I'm torn b/t the weld-on and the bolt on version. Probably no hard core o/r in my future, but I like the fact the weld ons can handle the weight. Only fear is they will be going on a '10, and I don't want to worry about warranty issues. Pics would be appreciated.

Also, for those who welded them on, how difficult was it to get it all lined up?

Thanks.

Semper Fi!

2. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Wo die weißen Frauen an?

Member:
    WA
    mine are bolt on but I think they are the same mounting locations just with holes added

012.jpg

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    usmctopgun

usmctopgun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 S/C
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Borla Cat-back, 3" Toytec Ultimate, LR UCAs, 18" ATX Artillery, 285/65/18, Bakflip HD w/ LED lighting, Katzskins 2 Tone Leather, JBL w/ Bluetooth and XM, WeatherTechs, 55w HIDs, 35w Fogs, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Viair 480c /3 gallon tank OBA setup, Avid Sliders and Light bar
    I didn't realize that, now I'm leaning toward the bolt on, as it seems I could just weld them up later if needed. Anyone got pics of the weld on?

BTW, you have them Line-X ed? And you had to drill those holes right?

To Top