1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Avid side step question

Discussion in 'Avid Off Road' started by Frostbyte, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mar 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    Frostbyte

Frostbyte [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD OR Manual
    SOLD - 03 Black SR5 4x4 TRD OR RIP - 07 Radiant Red SR5 4x4 TRD Sport Fabtech 6" lift, 33x12.50.18 Toyo M/T on All black XD Hoss wheels
    Question for you Avid guys... do you offer a 3 inch main tube side step bar instead of the 1 3/4? Im looking for more protection from rocks without my mudflaps on. Anyways, just wondering.

2. Mar 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    brandonaz

brandonaz Avid Off Road Vendor

Member:
    No.. We don't offer the products with 3" tubing. The issue with bigger tubing is the wall thickness. Most of the nerf bars that you see with bigger tubing have a thin wall.. it would need to to not have an issue with cost and weight. I'm sure most everyone has seen what happens to the thin tubing after a slight impact. We use 1 3/4 tubing with .120 wall thickness. You won't kick up a rock and put a dent in them. The step bars are out a little from the bottom of the door and would give the rocker panels a little bit of protection. Sliders would give them more... we could also make the sliders narrower then normal and by angling them up it would close the gap between the main bars. But I guess it just depends on what would work best for you.

3. Mar 31, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    Frostbyte

Frostbyte [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD OR Manual
    SOLD - 03 Black SR5 4x4 TRD OR RIP - 07 Radiant Red SR5 4x4 TRD Sport Fabtech 6" lift, 33x12.50.18 Toyo M/T on All black XD Hoss wheels
    Thank you for the reply. Im looking more for rocker panel protection from not having my flaps on.

Products Discussed in

To Top