1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AVS Bugflector Question

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Turdburglar, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    My AVS Bugflector II just arrived in the mail. It has some self adhesive 'nubs' I'm supposed to stick to the hood underneath the deflector. Are they absolutely necessary? Or could I maybe stick them to the underside of the deflector instead? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 5:25 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I had one on my old Ford Ranger and I'd put them on the truck. Either put them on the truck or don't put them on at all and take your chances. They won't do anything if you just put them on the bug deflector. The rubber nubs, if you just put the on the defector, can still chatter against your paint and wear through it.

3. Oct 5, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    dtingle

dtingle Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TUSCALOOSA, AL
    I put the rubber nubs on the deflector when i had my old f150. looked good and i had no problems with rubbing, its rare if the bugflector II even comes in contact with your hood aside from where it mounts.

4. Oct 5, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    They are pointless. I have the AVS bugflector and the way it installs it doesnt rub the hood. There is plenty of clearance and no need for those bumps. On other vehicles I have installed them because the space between the bugflector and the hood was less than 1/2 inch. But on the Tacoma there is plenty of room.

5. Oct 5, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    Thanks for the responses everyone!

6. Oct 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I put them on the deflector just to be safe back when I had mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top