1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Awkward thread about the size of my ass

Discussion in 'Health' started by 0uTkAsT, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Feb 11, 2019 at 11:17 PM
    NunyaBizness

NunyaBizness President of the jberry813 fan club

Member:
    Southern ID
    Vehicle:
    18' BBP sport M/T 4wd DCSB
    Yeah id get that checked... 30 isn't old enough to have these issues on its own... diet and exercise (or the lack thereof) is likely the main contributor. Diet can effect your motivation to an extreme... I have lost 75lbs in the last 2 and a half years based mainly on dietary changes. Of coarse being more active helps too. But for me it was mainly diet. Less complex carbs, more protein worked for me.

Good luck man. You got this

2. Feb 11, 2019 at 11:24 PM
    SoCalTacoTruck

SoCalTacoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was a personal trainer for a while and although I am younger, I have advised everyone I talked to to maintain physical exercise as well as keep a healthy diet.

If your schedule allows you time to go to the gym an hour per day, 4-5 days a week, that's ideal. Focus on working everything out, from lifting weights upper body, to running (or biking) for cardio, and even squats or stair master to workout your legs and your ass. Although you may see your booty turn from a giant piece of meat to a firm piece of meat.

For diet, restrict what you're eating in terms of fatty foods. Watch your calories, be careful with the amount of alcohol you're drinking if you do consume, and decrease your portion size if you do intake a large quantity at once.

Also, as others have mentioned, get a blood test to ensure your body is in good shape. So, so important.

What's important to remember is that everyone has different genes. I struggle to build muscle that is visible, yet I am strong. I can't gain weight easily, yet I can lose weight like it's no other. My best friend is the opposite, and all fat he eats goes straight to his lower body. Yet, he can gain visible muscle easily and lift nearly double as much as me (and we started working out at the same time/keep the same routine).

Hope this helps you out, and if you need anymore advice please feel free to PM me! I'd be glad to help put together a workout schedule for you if needed.

NunyaBizness likes this.
  3. Feb 12, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT [OP] Resident Outsider

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '18 6MT Off Road
    Money Pit
    Wow, I forgot all about this thread but it's been almost exactly a year so I guess it's perfect timing.

We lost our insurance shortly after I posted originally, so I never had any lab work done. However, after talking to quite a few people and doing a fair amount of research, I cut back on grains, dairy and caffeine and started taking l-lysine, fenugreek, and b2 riboflavin supplements daily, in addition to men's multivitamins. I still have some caffeine, dairy and grains in my diet, but I used to live off of breakfast cereals and I've reduced that by at least 90%. I was drinking a LOT of coffee and energy drinks just to get through my day before, and after starting the supplements I've been able to cut way back on the coffee and eliminate the energy drinks entirely. I bought a Traeger grill and I've been eating 200% more meat, fish and vegetables and significantly less (almost none) potatoes and pasta as a result, but I am struggling to avoid bread/toast because of the speed and convenience of sandwiches. I've 100% stopped drinking soda, energy drinks, aspartame and coffee creamer. I've predominantly replaced it all with black coffee and lightly sweetened teas, and the only sweeteners I use now are natural honey or stevia.

I've been trying to get at least 10 minutes of vigorous exercise in a day every day, but I really suck at maintaining a fitness routine. Straight up suck. My next step is obviously to focus more on exercise, but I've also been trending towards a stricter Paleo-based diet, the goal being to gradually cut processed foods, grains and dairy completely, and I've been considering pairing Paleo with intermittent fasting but I'm not sure how that'll pan out being a family man.

Results: I've lost an insignificant-feeling 8-9 pounds (I really need to drop 20 more) but perhaps more importantly I feel less "like an old man" now than I did a year ago. Despite the caffeine cutbacks and the fact that my arthritis has been slowing me down, I have significantly more free energy, less drastic mood swings, and my body shape/weight has normalized. My weight is now very steadily +/- 1 or 2lbs, before I could swing 5-7lbs in a week. Despite the minimal weight loss, I feel stronger and more naturally energized, and I definitely feel less flabby despite no toning or muscle building due to my lack of exercise. I'm sleeping better and have less headaches, and just feel more "balanced" overall.

Riding Dirty likes this.
  4. Feb 13, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Before: '16 TRD OR 4x4 AC QS//After: 17 T4R Pro 040
    PlastiDip
    Good for you. Keep on moving forward, sounds like you’re feeling better. Hopefully things will continue to improve for you.

0uTkAsT [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top