1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AZ BS Thread 4.2⁰

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Brian007Taco, May 12, 2016.

1. Nov 7, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
  2. Nov 7, 2019 at 4:01 PM
    Hagendazsss

Hagendazsss Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 3.5 4x4 sr dcsb
    AZBACKCOUNTRY[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Nov 7, 2019 at 4:17 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    For sure. The zero degree bag helped I’m sure as temps touched the 20’s.
    No substitute for paper map and compass.

I remember hiking section 1 of the Az Trail along the Az- Mex border . Illegal trails going in all directions, had to stop reorient and backtrack a few times.oh and avoid a group of 15 young kids with backpacks. Lol

FarPost79 likes this.
  4. Nov 7, 2019 at 4:41 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Man of Steel TRD Ignorance is the new normal

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Ram Limited Night Edition, 91 300ZXTT, 90 Toyota Pickup ECLB
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
    No way. It strips so much shit out of the concrete. If you needed to use one to do it you can use mine.

FarPost79 and azshooter40 like this.
  5. Nov 7, 2019 at 5:17 PM
    OnePuttBlunder

OnePuttBlunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad DCSB Prem+Tech Super White
    Azt has be rerouted and changed so many times over the years as it evolves. Entirely possible he got an old map and was sent off on an old section of trail. Here's a good example further south in the Maztazals. Reroute was completed a few years back. And to @AZBACKCOUNTRY point in many spots game trails and other non official trails can sometimes look more established than the azt itself.
    Screenshot_20191107-181222_Guthook Guides.jpg

Edit this is what a lot of the trail looks like in the area he was. Pretty easy to see how easy it would be to get off the official trailFB_IMG_1573175976832.jpg

Dan H, FarPost79 and AZBACKCOUNTRY like this.
  6. Nov 7, 2019 at 5:26 PM
    black_angus1

black_angus1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport DCSB
    Thanks for the offer, but I need every excuse I can to get more tools anyway.

7. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:28 PM
    OnePuttBlunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Speaking of AZT just found out they changed the pto days for 1st year folks like me, I just got an extra 6 days of PTO next year. If i roll over 4 from 4q this year and buy the extra 5 I'll have 29 pto days in 2020. If no more ankle set backs there's an outside chance I can finish it in 2020. Couple 3 day weekends knocking out 60 miles of trail and maybe a week to push 100+ miles will help make up lost time.

LTacoman, TACOVRD and AZBACKCOUNTRY like this.
  8. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
    I'm totally fucking around here. But wouldn't it be hilarious if I had just tons of extra money to have this painted on the underside of the hood of my truck. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Resized_Blue-Steel_e515b1da-eccc-4411-ab65-2e540c6320a8_600x.jpg

BillW and llibrm like this.
  9. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well I have an extra gallon of paint and a gallon of clear left over if you want to take them off my hands.

10. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Come help me do mine. :rofl:

J/K but I definitely could use the power washer to blast the little bit of stuck on RTV off my driveway.

11. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Awesome! Az trail miles are the best !

12. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:43 PM
    OnePuttBlunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Shit just get a sticker of that mad and put it on the middle rear window and call it good. Gotta get merman as a plate though

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  13. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:45 PM
    Hagendazsss

Hagendazsss Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 3.5 4x4 sr dcsb
    For sure temps probably dropped down low. Glad he wasnt injured.

Yeah we see trails every which way. Unfortunately those coming across the border dont care about staying on a designated trail or cleaning up after themselves...Screenshot_20191107-193916_Photos.jpg

I wasnt aware of the azt app. Downloading it now to check it out. But yeah know first hand how easy it is to get off track. All it takes is a good storm to wipe away a trail or have it overgrown.

14. Nov 7, 2019 at 6:53 PM
    OnePuttBlunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Make sure to get the guthook version that's the supported one now. Think it's $10 can't remember if it's included in the AZTA membership or not. Either way worth the 10 bucks if you use the trail at all

15. Nov 7, 2019 at 7:21 PM
    black_angus1

black_angus1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport DCSB
    So, the MVD is absolute trash at customer service. I've been deployed all year and in August my registration expired. So, 19 days before it expired, I sent in the military exemption request form that would give me one year's credit of registration. A month later, they send the form to my house saying it needed to be notarized. No piece of mail I have ever sent or received from here has taken more than 5-7 days to reach its destination so who the hell knows what they were doing with it in the meanwhile.

I redo the form and get it notarized and mail it out that day, ten days before the deadline they gave me to return it. Now a month later and...nothing. It hasn't been sent to my house. Servicearizona.com still says my registration is expired. So who the hell knows what happened to that form. I can pay both the registration and penalty fee online, but I shouldn't need to pay the registration fee--just the penalty fee.

I send them a message on their horribly archaic customer service interface on their site, and 24 hours later receive a response, in which I have to click the link on the email, paste the code from the email in to a box within the site that comes up, THEN be able to see what their response was. Which was that I needed to mail in a money order (which I don't have access to) in with the form. But they don't tell me if they even received the second form I sent in. Then they make sure to let me know how to update my address, if needed...as if that had anything to do with anything I needed.

MrMccrackin likes this.
  16. Nov 7, 2019 at 7:28 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I don't know that I would be able to live up to the high expectations and research man. Plus I wouldn't have 5 Mexicans or whatever to knock it out in one day or a 15 year warranty. I can tell you that 2500 dollars is far too much money for this job. I didn't even use 400 dollars of supplies. I guess unless you factor in if you make like 70 bucks an hour or something but I think it was kind of therapeutic to do this stuf .

17. Nov 7, 2019 at 8:03 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    I'm not gonna do the coating, for all the whizbang stuff that's advertised I cannot commit to that high of a price without knowing if it even allows me to use ramps in there.

Which brings up an interesting point... do you have a set of those high density foam-ish race ramps? Do you think they'd slide on that epoxy finish?

And on top of all that I would much rather spend the coin on some really nice stainless cabinets.

18. Nov 7, 2019 at 8:14 PM
    Atl-atl

Atl-atl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix+Flagstaff
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Back to not stock
    Also motorcycle things. More mods for the sporty showing up the next few days. Basically ignoring the taco, house, bicycles, women etc. to mess with the moto. :rofl::bikewheelie2:

wheeliest[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Nov 7, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I don't think you would have any issues with the sliding if you did the chips heavy like I did. Even if the clearcoat is like glass (mine is far from that) I think you would be fine. I tried to slide on the floor with wet shoes today and almost fell straight forward on my face. Didn't slide at all.

20. Nov 7, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    BillW

BillW Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB TRD OR MT
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top