1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AZ BS Thread 4.2⁰

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Brian007Taco, May 12, 2016.

1. Nov 19, 2019 at 7:32 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Man of Steel TRD Ignorance is the new normal

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Ram Limited Night Edition, 91 300ZXTT, 90 Toyota Pickup ECLB
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
  2. Nov 19, 2019 at 7:42 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Many of AZ guys come with pitch forks when “one of their own” face consequences they deserve(d). We can’t make everyone like us, nor do we expect it.
    AZ is on 5.0...that should say something. Some may not agree with the decision but some complain about plants being green. We can’t possibly please everyone, but can’t allow it to be rogue.
    We’re not perfect- far from it. I think some of AZ sees it their way, and their way only. That’s fine; but some things we cannot tolerate.

ColoradoTJ and Nunya Bizness like this.
  3. Nov 19, 2019 at 7:50 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
  4. Nov 19, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    Nunya Bizness

Nunya Bizness A-A-Ron aka Stunny Gunny

Member:
    I saw! Good choice!

cytocycle and TailHook[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Nov 19, 2019 at 8:50 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Your bait worked...

cytocycle and Dan H like this.
  6. Nov 20, 2019 at 6:22 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ I drink, and I know things… Moderator

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    So much love....

C72C5BD9-7C70-4E39-A1B6-2D7DD104EC37.jpg

T-Rex266 likes this.
  7. Nov 20, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Lets be honest...IFS came to be for similar reasons and discussions that have been echoed through out the AZ bs thread. Sure, this post was rather passionate but the beauty of that forum is its a completely open mic for members in all capacities and it thrives for this purpose.

Maybe its time that TW does get a ruling overhaul as obviously this sort of communication is not acceptable when at one time a derivative of this was around and was received with welcome camaraderie. I think the trouble with many AZ guys (me included) is that I think there is a distinctive shift in the culture here lately and I dont feel the COC in its current state accurately reflects this. This is TW so this is all the mods and TCbob's world...do as you see fit, just police accordingly and/or make some addendums to the rules that might help if nothing else to just spell out what used to be acceptable and what clearly isnt now a days.

I know there have been many interventions lately with this topic especially outlined in the AZBS thread, but I think enough folks have sited that maybe its time for some rule adjustment to what makes sense for the mods. If the rules are there in a clear capacity Im sure atleast some folks might find it easier to comply.

Not shooting for a butthurt here, just calling it how I see it.

cytocycle, 0uTkAsT, TailHook and 5 others like this.
  8. Nov 20, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    Let’s be honest, IFS came to be because solid axles suck. Why else would all the ultra 4 cars be switching to ifs from solid axle?

9. Nov 20, 2019 at 6:57 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    You have some pretty good points.

Don’t worry, I don’t take personal what @TailHook said. I’m cool with him (seriously).

Why don’t you send me a PM of what the COC should state, in your opinion. I’m always open to change and if we can do it better, let’s get it done.

10. Nov 20, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    TailHook

TailHook Oh, what shall we do with a drunken sailor?

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Utah! Get Me Two!
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDOR 4X4, 2007 Sequoia 4WD
    Bunch-o-goodies
    Admittedly, I did harbor some anger, resentment, and sharp vitriol over the recent chain of events, specifically in AZ BS. However, becoming part of the problem just perpetuates it, and have since shifted my stance to be part of the solution.

I think all of us can get twisted and lose sight of what really matters here: this is a community and we should all act like it. If we have issues, we should discuss them...rationally, respectfully. The AZ community in particular does some amazing things outside the confines of the forum. Now, right or wrong, I initially went with the sarcasm and passive aggressive posts to ignite a discussion, and that worked out great for me o_O. That said, I truly am interested in making TW a better place for all of us, and to @Coot83's point, think we can work together to make that happen. I think if we take the time to understand the other's position, it will be to the larger benefit...and may actually make your jobs a bit easier.

Speaking for the crew, there are a number of ideas we have that we're happy to share...in a respectful fashion, of course. Respect begets respect, right shipmate? Looking forward to the response (seriously)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  11. Nov 20, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I will hit you up in a little while after I make some good notes on items that could use a revisit or possible elaboration. Thanks for being open to the subject.

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] and Dan H like this.
  12. Nov 20, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Haha this is true.

13. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.

Just so the staff is clear, after a brief 8.5 hours, you are not part of the fucktw squad and this motherfucker can't get fucked sideways with a chainsaw?

mjp2 and ColoradoTJ like this.
  14. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    TRLDMG T4R

TRLDMG T4R Can't wait to be Mall Rated!

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Prescott, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    F-Icon 2.5 Remote Reservoir Coilovers, Icon UCAs, R-Icon 2.5 Remote Reservoir CDCV with Overland HD Springs, Icon Billet Rear Trailing Arms, Demello Flat Top Steel Bumper, Baja Designs in the bumper, KC Hilites Gravity Pro6. CBI ditch mount brackets, Prinsudesignstudios rack. 17in Method race wheels NV with 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country Mts, Midland 40 CH CB, 3ft FireStik. . .
    Good rainy Wednesday to you all. Do we have any fab guys in here (like @XPOTRPR) that might be able to help me with a small problem. You see I bought some used KC Hilites gravity pro6s that a guy had on his truck and he hit his garage and snapped them off. Now one light was in bad shape but I was able to weld it back together and get it working. the bar came with one of the factory brackets on the outside but the other one was broken. I have some pictures I'll post below to show what I'm look for! Now KC has been an absolute nightmare to work with. So at this point I'm reaching out to the community for help. Thanks for your time. The 1st picture is my light that needs the mount, second one is the the one I need. IMG_0990.jpgIMG_0981.jpg

15. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    TailHook

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Utah! Get Me Two!
    Vehicle:
    Bunch-o-goodies
    I've extended the olive branch, and y'all can accept it or not...it's really your choice at this point. I've made a sincere attempt, as did @Coot83. Someone had to make a move, and that's what was chosen. We've done our part to make nice. Like @T-Rex266 said, y'all aren't infallible and neither are we...

Either way, let's not devolve this into something it's not...I won't take the bait.

16. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    Start a group PM with the AZ member, and get a list going....then do a Chat with the Staff post.

Thanks, and appreciate the time/effort you put into this.

TailHook[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    TacoHunter59

TacoHunter59 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Offroad 4x4
    Ummm....stuff and more stuff
    Hes right.jpg

18. Nov 20, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    TailHook

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Utah! Get Me Two!
    Vehicle:
    Bunch-o-goodies
    Will do...thanks, man, I truly appreciate you being open to a discussion.

19. Nov 20, 2019 at 10:30 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    Oh shit....I’m out.

Man of Steel TRD and TailHook like this.
  20. Nov 20, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    You can think what you want, but we've all tried to have serious conversations before and hash out the bullshit. And it always goes back to fuck the mods. Chris already said start a chat with the staff thread. Until that happens, it's just same shit different day here.

Products Discussed in

To Top