1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AZ BS Thread 4.2⁰

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Brian007Taco, May 12, 2016.

1. Apr 20, 2021 at 10:48 PM
    Daria

Daria Can I pet your dog? Moderator

Member:
    Dodging tumbleweeds
    Vehicle:
    381 HP dog mover
    Locals, please change your passwords on your TW account. One of the locals got hit by hackers that tried to scam folks out of money. Don’t wanna see anyone else get scammed tonight. :(

2. Apr 20, 2021 at 11:10 PM
    llibrm

llibrm OH NOOOOOO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Winthrop, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB, 06 LC120 (sold)
    Pelfreybilt Aluminum Bumper, KING 2.5 on all four corners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Cobra 75 w/ 3' Firestick, 2M/ 70cm Radio w/ Diamond NR770HB, Pelfreybilt bed bar, Lightforce Stiker 170s, BD 20" OnX6, BD S2 ditch lites, BD Fogs
  3. Apr 21, 2021 at 10:08 AM
    Das it mang

Das it mang Well-Known Member

Member:
    Az
    Vehicle:
    1996 T100 SR5 MT
    Stock again- rip slug
    @snowsk8air2

Treadwear update on the patagonias now?

My wildpeaks are already down to 4/32 at 32k, so im contemplating on just running cheapies in anticipation they'll wear fast no matter what in our Az heat.

4. Apr 21, 2021 at 10:15 AM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    Well I’ve only got maybe 3500-4K miles on them. Rotated once and they are wearing evenly thus far. I have been very happy with their performance in every aspect, snow, ice, rain, sand, dirt, rocks, and pavement. As little as I drive and as hard as I drive when I do, I’m not gonna be the best for tread wear comparisons. For me I expect they will last 3 years and 10-15k miles before I replace them. But this depends on how much I actually drive the truck.

Das it mang[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Apr 21, 2021 at 10:55 AM
    Das it mang

Member:
    Az
    Vehicle:
    1996 T100 SR5 MT
    Stock again- rip slug

Damn, thought you had some more miles on your set for feedback. I do more highway than trail miles going back and forth between our camp spots, but dont commute long distance for work anymore. If i can squeeze 25k out of a set ill be happy.

Thank you, ill keep prodding for other feedback

snowsk8air2[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 21, 2021 at 10:59 AM
    snowsk8air2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    Proper alignment, rotations and tire pressures and you should be able to get that sort of mileage out of them no problem. I’m hearing of street queens and tow rigs pushing 40k out of them. Plus you’re a much lighter truck then I am. I’m anticipating low mileage out of mine based on my primary use is in the dirt. And I’ll likely replace them “early” to have fresh tires before winter in a few years. I don’t like starting winter with questionable tires.

But yeah I don’t put too many miles on the truck. I put 3042 miles on in the first year with the tires. And my trucks been broken for the last 2.5 months lol

7. Apr 21, 2021 at 11:44 AM
    TailHook

TailHook Oh, what shall we do with a drunken sailor?

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Utah! Get Me Two!
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDOR 4X4, 2007 Sequoia 4WD
    Bunch-o-goodies
    I have a koi I need to re-home...anyone have a koi pond?

8. Apr 21, 2021 at 12:12 PM
    cartter469

cartter469 A College kid who went broke for a truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Cartter
    Reno NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 4x4 DCSB OR
    Sliders; Audio; Bajas; 285/75 Falkens; Elka 2.5's; Icon Rxt
    Anyone know some cool cliff jumping spots that aren't the normal ones like beaver creek, saguaro, and fossil creek? Fossil creek I'll still hit this summer but the other two get so busy when everyone's not in school.

9. Apr 21, 2021 at 12:53 PM
    Das it mang

Member:
    Az
    Vehicle:
    1996 T100 SR5 MT
    Stock again- rip slug

Just the answer i needed/ was looking for, thank you!

That makes sense in your case, I will update once the set it on! First thing i've got to do is finish painting these old jeep take offs :cheers:

Edit: GL with fixing the truck on your end too!

10. Apr 21, 2021 at 1:48 PM
    snowsk8air2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    Thanks. I’m getting close. Last of the parts should be here this week so hopefully I can have her back on her own feet by middle of next week. Then it’s just plumbing new brakes and some wiring

Das it mang[QUOTED] and MR E30 like this.
  11. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:02 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Well that was remarkably easy...

IMG_3993.jpg

Still considering my options as far as garage space reorganizing, and am gonna pick back up with people who wanted stuff out of the garage (plus adding some more things to the classifieds)

So real talk, I want to hear some opinions here. I'm sure there will be plenty of shitposting and memeing on me but I'm trying to figure out whether or not it makes sense to go TRD Premium to the tune of like ~4k difference MSRP over SR5 Premium.
    I've got my eyes on a 4Runner mainly because it would make range trips more comfortable & easier for me to bring plenty of shade, have a ton of room, spend a lot of time sitting on the tailgate, and generally not be exerting my rickety, stroke at 35 ass. :oops:

Do I go for an SR5? I'd miss out on the cool shit like locking diff, KDSS, and so on, but on the other hand I had never really gotten hard into the "extreme" offroading anyways because when I had the Taco it was lol 2WD, and now given my health issues I wouldn't really be able to get out there and be using maxtrax & other recovery gear, etc. or make trail repairs.

Part of me feels like it would be a wasted 4k to be an insta broverlander, part of me feels like I should go big or go home & not worry about regretting having it and not ever needing it.

Limited is right out because cost and apparently XREAS is hot garbage.:rofl:

12. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:37 PM
    asuchemist

asuchemist My Hamstrings Hurt!

Member:
    South South Dirty Gilbert
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Sport V6, 23' TRD Pro 4Runner, 23' Tacoma TRD Pro
    NONE
    Have a 21 TRD Offroad 4Runner. It is pretty basic. Next trim up has the cool stuff like driver/passenger hvac controls, better stereo, etc.

The offroad floats like a boat compared to my TRD Sport Taco.

Get the upgraded key and door sensors too. Compared to the lexus the basic key sucks. No lightup handles either.

13. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:49 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Ya but on the 4runner they separate out the trims strangely. SR5 Premium trim can get premium stuff like leather, keyfobs, dual zone climate, stereo and so on, but it has "basic" 4WD which includes no lockers, just 2, 4Hi, 4lo
    TRD Offroad Premium has the same stuff but can get the locker, has the "advanced" 4WD with crawl control, an actual lever instead of a knob, and a rear locker.

That's what I'm struggling with- I'm gonna go for the comfort stuff regardless.

asuchemist[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 22, 2021 at 8:39 AM
    xtremewlr

xtremewlr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner V8 Limited
    4th gen T4R with a few mods
    No question then. TRDOR because it has a real tcase with a shift lever and the locker.

TailHook and llibrm like this.
  15. Apr 22, 2021 at 10:40 AM
    mr.rick

mr.rick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2021 Voodoo Blue TRDOR
    @Nitori So I have owned an 2014 SR5 premium and a 2018 TRD Offroad and now we have a 2021 TRD Pro. Honestly, to me, they all ride about the same. I wheeled the piss out of the SR5 with the electronic transfer case and no locker or fancy stuff and never had a single issue or complaint outside of petty stuff. Had leather and sunroof but no smart key or JBL stereo (no love lost on that). The TRD offroad was nice because it had the "creature comforts" but it rode and felt the same as the SR5 Premium. The PRO has everything we could ask for and it's a sweet color, it rides super nice on the fox shocks and doesn't have the KDSS. Is it a need, absolutely not but whatever, the wife wants to keep it long term so we splurged.

All this to say, get what you can comfortably afford and what meets the "needs" outside of that, everything is upgradable later. The dual climates are cool in theory but when you sit 11" from your wife in the front seat, the 2* temperature difference is not all that noticeable and doesn't really matter. Do you need a sunroof or would you like to have the head room. So ask yourself is the locker and crawl control that you probably wont ever use since you said you dont really wheel it worth the extra cash.... pry not but I don't manage your finances . If you need a locker down the road you get an ARB for $1500 bucks and better suspension for $2500 bucks and call it a day.

Or if you just want to get the best that you can, do the TRD Offroad. I will say the one thing I REALLY like about the TRDOR is that it has the black interior trim. The silver trim in the lower models gets DESTROYED very quickly and then just looks dirty all the time and if I were to get a lower model again, I would wrap it or order the black trim parts for the center console and dash. Just my two cents. The T4R is a great platform honestly, we love them.

16. Apr 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Yeah so far I've asked a few other T4R owners and Tacoma owners and it's been almost unanimous in favor of the SR5... like 4 to 1 of the 5 people I chatted with. It's nice because that eases up on the budget waaaaay more than you'd think and also means I need to go back to my excel spreadsheets and calculators and think about maybe paying off the Lexus 100% right now and financing the T4R with a little less down, but only 1 note to pay.

It could also mean actually being able to put down the modular flooring in the garage, add some wheels sooner rather than later, etc. etc. not stretching myself as much.

And a little bit of trim replacement is totally within my wheelhouse still. Even though it might not be my favorite, I've got every flavor of trim panel puller in varying squishy-ness non-marring factors. :rofl:

Bikinaz and Man of Steel TRD like this.
  17. Apr 23, 2021 at 9:22 AM
    snowsk8air2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    Who’s coming out in 3 weeks? Hopefully I can get the truck done in time.

789AED0F-8CA1-419F-8AEA-B6F834D91C40.jpg

Tsinajinii and XPOTRPR like this.
  18. Apr 23, 2021 at 9:59 AM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    you know we're gonna try!

snowsk8air2[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Apr 23, 2021 at 10:01 AM
    snowsk8air2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    So what’s the situation with yours? Any updates? Parts ordered?

20. Apr 23, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    KingOfTheNorth

KingOfTheNorth Kum and Go King

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner
    All the mods
    I am about 15k miles in on mine. So far so good. I am guessing only another 15k-20k miles tho. For the price I am not complaining tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top