1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AZ BS Thread 4.2⁰

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Brian007Taco, May 12, 2016.

1. Jun 7, 2017 at 7:39 AM
    phx13

phx13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD O/R
    MT stuff, RTT stuff, the usual.
    What did you go with? Pavers?

I agree that it's spendy, trying to not burn my feet off and everyone says it stays cooler though

2. Jun 7, 2017 at 7:50 AM
    Rc taco

Rc taco I Need a Tow

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Tempe az
    Vehicle:
    '16 Rubicon Unlimited
    All of them
    Coopdeck is nice, hides imperfections in the slab.

Brian007Taco[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 7, 2017 at 7:51 AM
    DukesTaco

DukesTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen Double cab Pre Runner
    Here you go bro. $5.99 a pair and stays cool everywhere you go. Screenshot_2017-06-07-07-49-54.jpg

4. Jun 7, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    phx13

phx13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD O/R
    Here's the sketch up that I did for the pool dude, for him to go off of.... prob closer to 1000-1100 sq ft of travertine.

Big part in the back is for the pergola, bbq area, and for the wife's tanning loungers.

Let me know what you pool people think.

IMG_6873.jpg

5. Jun 7, 2017 at 8:09 AM
    phx13

phx13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD O/R

Just found this pic of you out on libo Devil Dawwgggggggg. BE THE ONE, BE THE ONEEE!!!!!

IMG_6882.jpg

6. Jun 7, 2017 at 8:14 AM
    DukesTaco

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

phx13[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jun 7, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    Phoenix autoworks

Phoenix autoworks Stock but fun!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 manual
    Stock but I use it anyway!!!
    I'm off work Saturday, care if I tag along for the day?

8. Jun 7, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Although it's technically mine.... from my truck (3.73 gears), I borrowed Jason's so now his is in mine. If you want mine (now his) we have to clear it. I can text him if you want.

My fur bag alarm goes off AT OR BEFORE 5:01AM every day. So, shut up old man!!!!

Hells no, Come on!!!

9. Jun 7, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite Tundra Crewmax 4x4
    I am just trying to find one to send to east coast gear supply so I don't have to sit on an extra grand for a core charge. Then I would give you the one in my truck that's in there now once I get my new gears from them

Jason @05TacoRunner Jason?

llibrm likes this.
  10. Jun 7, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    YES!

Shit, just have Zuk do it, and use my landcruiser for the 2 days!

11. Jun 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite Tundra Crewmax 4x4
    Did he take care of sourcing all the parts? Pm me roughly what he charged you otd if you don't mind me knowing!

12. Jun 7, 2017 at 3:40 PM
    SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam IG: SamGoingHam

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2014 TACO 5LUG LOCKED
    OR....You can support a Local AZ member and go through ZUK.

EDIT: Either you can source the parts yourself or he can do it for you and shipped straight to his place.

2ndGenJonny and Brian007Taco[OP] like this.
  13. Jun 7, 2017 at 3:48 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    done

14. Jun 7, 2017 at 4:04 PM
    Oppositeboy

Oppositeboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    @Techoma Any idea where we can meet up, and an approximate time? We will probably already be in Sedona mountain biking. Also, I'll have a bike rack on my truck, will the trails you are thinking of be ok with a couple of bikes hanging off the back of the truck?

15. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM
    phx13

phx13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD O/R
  16. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:13 PM
    DukesTaco

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:15 PM
    DukesTaco

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Man the doc gave me some kick ass shit. Its feeling great. Ill be in Phoenix all day tomorrow. Dropping off some stuff and maybe heading over to techomas for some light mod day work. Thanks for asking. Did you get them sandals. lol

18. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM
    Nitori

Nitori Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    So I went out and ran Four Peaks, it was indeed pretty cake aside from some parts you had to slow down for if you didn't want to go pinballing around the cabin. I did turn on Auto LSD which may have been a mistake, though that wasn't as big of an issue as my other problems...

I underestimated the fuel consumption for offroading and almost ran out of gas, got my record worst mileage (19.3, the horror!), and got a rock chip on my BRAND NEW FLARE.:frusty: Meh, it was bound to happen if you use your toys for their intended purpose, it would have been nice if it wasn't on my first outing though.:rolleyes:

So anyways, at least with the 4banger, having the AT in "D" and the Auto LSD on apparently work together to outsmart themselves... crawling up some of the steep rocky/dusty parts near the top, the transmission would go up into 3rd, not have enough torque to haul you up, but refuse to downshift, so it would just crawl slower and slower until you really put your heel into it, then it finally downshifts, spins the tires, and gets mad at your for having trac off.o_O
    I'm guessing it was either detecting slippage so the logic figured dropping a gear would increase wheelspin, or it was scared that the EPA overlords were watching us... Changing the shifter over into S2 alleviated the issue, but it sure was strange.:notsure: This is my first automatic vehicle in a long while, so maybe it was my goof for assuming leaving it in "D" would cut it.

Mike330R and Brian007Taco[OP] like this.
  19. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    phx13

phx13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD O/R
    Hell yeah man, nice.

Have the walkthrough for our new house at 10am tomorrow, then kids get home from camp at 3:30 and have to go pick them up.

Reached out to Sierra and SDHQ to see what their cost would be for those cam gussets from TC installed. Sierra came back at $500ish, which I kinda expected because $100 for gussets and $100 for an alignment. SDHQ came back at over $700. SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!

If I don't sort this out next week or so, then I'm going to find a day that you're available and see if you want to weld something on for me. Figured we could throw it on the lift at DM's hobby shop if need be. Gotta call them up and use that for a backup plan.

llibrm and Brian007Taco[OP] like this.
  20. Jun 7, 2017 at 5:32 PM
    DukesTaco

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Take a picture of the bent tabs. To see if the are salvageable. The brake max near my house does a good job at alignments even if you give them the numbers you want. If you have the time to do it we can do it at my place get you aligned and on your way back.

Products Discussed in

To Top