1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

B.A.M.F Powder Coating!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bay Area Metal Fabrication' started by JLee, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Nov 7, 2015 at 8:02 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    But you would still be able to powder coat it in a similar shade of white, just not Toyota 040 Super White, right?

2. Nov 7, 2015 at 8:08 PM
    JLee

JLee [OP] The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    You would have to tell me what white to coat ithe with. White is pretty hard to match just the slightest difference and you can really tell they don't match. We can have custom color matched powder made. But we need to buy a minimum of 55 lbs so unless you have 20 to 25 bumpers to do its not worth it.

3. Nov 7, 2015 at 8:20 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    Gotcha. My BAMF bed tie down brackets look like they've been powder coated with Black Coal. Is it just my eyesight or does the powder coating appear to have a subtle blue sparkle to it under direct sunlight? Either way, it looks real nice.

4. Nov 8, 2015 at 2:45 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    That is the black Coal we have changed our standard powder to a black mini texture.

5. Nov 8, 2015 at 7:52 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    I see. I will discuss with you in more detail about the different options when I come to pick up my sliders.

6. Apr 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    @JLee, a month or so ago you mentioned that you were receiving OEM color powders very soon--have they arrived yet?

7. Apr 14, 2016 at 1:20 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    No MGM and Barcelona Red are about two weeks out Super White will be a little after that I'm assuming that's the one you want.

8. Apr 14, 2016 at 1:21 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Yes sir, that is correct. Will there be any issues powdercoating an aluminum bumper?

9. Apr 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    LTDSC

LTDSC 32oz of fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    NorCal
    im going to have to come by one day and talk about doing my Methods bronze.

10. Apr 14, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    :rolleyes: Bronze, eh? Hope it works out. That's something I'm interested, too.

11. Apr 14, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Nope not a problem we just off gas them a little longer to make sure everything is out on the pores.

12. Jun 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Hey @JLee have the Super White color powders come in yet?

13. Jun 9, 2016 at 4:15 AM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    They have not.

14. Jun 9, 2016 at 1:32 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Do you have a rough estimation of when they will arrive?

15. Jun 10, 2016 at 9:19 AM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    some time next week i think.

16. Jun 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Great news. I'll check back with you in about 2 weeks or so.

17. Jul 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
    Maximus

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Hey @JLee what's the status on the Super White powders?

18. Jul 11, 2016 at 4:48 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have it.

19. Sep 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    crunchy11

crunchy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North CA
    Vehicle:
    stock(too stock) 13 trd
    seat stains
    Been looking for a long time, and I have come to find out that you have mgm powder. I'm a few hours north of the bay normally I'd drive to the shop to show you what I'm looking for. looking to get a front and rear bumper done in mgm. Front is bare aluminum and rear is coated black. Can you get me a quote on this? Thanks

20. Sep 17, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    If your rear is powder coated stripping it down will cost a lot our blasting rate it $2.00 a minute a powder coated bumper can take well over an hour to blast depending on the bumper design. The front could he done in MGM for $250.00 but the rear would be 175 plus the blasting time as we wouldn't know it until we blasted it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    crunchy11 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top