1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

b/s/t gun section

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tcBob, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 7:27 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    If it's an out of state sale, sales go through an FFL. It's the FFLs responsibility to insure it's a legal sale. TW has no liability here that I can see.

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Try it in VA. Every shop I've been to and both the shops I worked at will ask minors to leave unless they are with a guardian of age.

3. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    That's just the shops prerogative, but there is no law baring minors from entering a gun shop. Besides, who is going to drop off their 12 year old at the gun shop while they got to the salon? It's not like they are going to a strip bar where they couldn't go in even with an adult.

Sounds kind of silly not to mention; we want the youth of tomorrow to know about guns growing up, so they will act responsibly if they chose to own one some day.

4. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Ever worked at one? We had groups of boys walking around the shopping center after school and they'd poke into the gunshop. What 12 year old boy doesn't have an interest in them? They had to go.

I never said it was law. Its CYA. IMO the same should go for a forum that decides to venture into opening a section specifically for firearms sales. You can't regulate being responsible but I think it'd be wise to do your best to wash your hands of any fallout caused by those who aren't.

5. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    DellGSG5

DellGSG5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dell
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    2009 PreRunner TRD
    Step rail, Grill guard, bug deflector,bed lights, Window Deflectors.
    Go for it sounds good idea...:thumbsup:

6. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Well in the end it's really up to the forum administration, but like others have already said it's impractical. Anyone can just make another account or change their birth date on their profile. I don't even think it's required no to sign up.

7. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    If the participants go through the FFL. What says they'll have to? I haven't done much shopping for firearms online, but the few sites I've visited have forced members to use an FFL. I don't see any mechanism like that at TW. Leaving it up to the individual members to do it the right way leaves TW exposed to any number of risks.

I'm not opposed to the idea. I just hope it doesn't cause problems for one of my favorite sites.

8. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    No gun forums I've ever seen have 'forced' anyone to use an FFL. And if the participants don't use an FFL, it's their ass.

9. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You can't force anyone to do anything, but for it to be legal usually an FFL has to be involved when shipping a firearm. I'm on many shooting boards, and not a one mandates an FFL, but people just know if it's going out of state and FFL has to receive the item.

In AZ, I think I can ship rifles (or is it pistols?) to an FFL in any state and then a person has to pick it up from there. If that person can't pass the ATF background check or the 4473 I don't know what would happen?

Would the dealer ship the item back or would they just keep it?

10. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    tw will simply be getting the buyer and seller in contact with each other (via the sales threads)...however they want to proceed with the transaction will be their responsibility.

11. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Alright, alright. I give up.

I look forward to the new TW section.

12. Nov 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    :thumbsup:

Is the ball rolling on this or is it still a topic of debate?

13. Nov 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I see nothing wrong with this. Excellent idea.

I have one question..........should there be a minumum user post count needed or some kind of reputation needed to be able to sell? just food for thought.......

14. Nov 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    guess i missed this thread. i like the idea!

15. Nov 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    so when is this thing getting kicked off

16. Nov 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma DC TRD Sport RadRed
    This may be a good idea. There is a lot of gun riff raff out there. I do not know of any way to keep out the riff raff though. This could be a red flag for anti-gunners if it gets out of control. Gun trade is a hot button anymore. Gunbroker.com uses a small fee to post, just to keep it under some control (hah... gun contol a'la TW!!:D).

17. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    I believe it is a federal law where you would have to have an FFL from YOUR state ship to an FFL in another state. I dont believe you can ship a firearm to an out-of-state FFL. Federal No No.

18. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    FYI, one of the best deals in this country right now (and a strong American tradition) is to hold a curio & relic FFL. It costs 30 dollars for three years and only a minor background check. You can only collect C&R firearms with this, but it is great thing to have. You get a lot of cool gun fliers in the mail too!! With this FFL, I can legally ship C&R firearms (SKS, mausers, M1 Garands, Springfields, 1911s' MANY others) to other FFL holders across state lines.

19. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    You might want to go to gunbroker . com or something similar and ask the moderators there. They've been doing it for years.

20. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    While I hate lawyers, it may be a good idea to contact the NRA concerning this issue. There should be a good NRA contact in all states. Maybe a question on the NRA forum could give some info.

Products Discussed in

To Top