1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony, May 9, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    You never really know how much crap you need to keep clean and dry until you have kids and need to go to grandma's house for Christmas... Snowsuits, extra socks and pants, diapers, bottles, slippers, snow boots, presents, maybe a dish to pass.... Then they start growing and hanging outside the carseat so even if they fit mashed together they don't have enough room to be comfortable, which is where I was in the Tacoma. Once they started growing out of the seats they started getting poked and pinched by the remaining seat(s). It was better once they were all out of the plastic cages, but until then it was cramped. That was before they started running out of legroom, and turned into teenagers.

Cativelense likes this.
  2. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    jeffy2

jeffy2 Active Member

Member:
    Southern MD
    Vehicle:
    2007 fj cruiser (close enough)
    lol, good grief!!!

thats cool letting her drive. i let my son drive on the beach this year kinda, i did the gas and brakes, set him in my lap and let him go where he wanted.

3. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:36 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    My son likes to "drive" when we get home from daycare, beep the horn, and turn my hazards on.

So I pull the truck into the garage, close the garage door, shut the truck off, sit him on my lap and let him go nuts for a few minutes.

He's 2 1/2.

MadDaddy likes this.
  4. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:37 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    We do this at home on the farm. The field is 1/2 mile wide so there's no way he (5.5) can hit anything. He sits in my lap and I manage gas/brake.

5. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:43 PM
    Justinlhc

Justinlhc Not looking for a relationship

Member:
    I've got a rear and a front facing in mine. If my oldest grows anymore he'll have to rest his legs on my shoulders as I drive. The Tacoma is too small for multiple children IMO and if you need to travel with kids in it hahaha good luck. I could really use the Tundra interior size, but don't want the Tundra exterior size or the Tundra mpg...not that my Tacoma mpg is impressive. :pout:

6. Dec 2, 2016 at 7:24 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    We look like the Clampetts when we go home for holidays:
    [​IMG]

TXpro4X4 and Justinlhc like this.
  7. Dec 2, 2016 at 7:55 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    To the max bro! :fistbump:

MadDaddy[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 2, 2016 at 8:05 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    When I was looking for new trucks the Tundra's mpg was a major turn off for me too. The F150 rating 19+ was hard to believe, but on a bad tank when I'm on the boost a lot I still get the same MPG as the tacoma. When I'm off the boost and not towing I can get 1-3 mpg better than the tacoma. Not taking the hit in the wallet on more fuel with the bigger truck was a big winning point for me.

9. Dec 2, 2016 at 8:10 PM
    Justinlhc

Member:
    I am/was a Ford hater until I was handed a new work truck with the 3.5 EB engine. Now I(secretly)want one as a DD. :anonymous:

10. Dec 2, 2016 at 8:26 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Same! This was the first domestic, let alone Ford, in my immediate family in at least 20 years. Mom and grandparents have had Toyotas for at least 20 years. Corollas, camry's, Rav4's. Now mom and grandma both changed to Subura. I owned 4 Toyotas myself, and they all burned oil so I was tired of dealing with the same issue vehicle after vehicle. I have to pass state inspection in NY, so the oil burning fouled the cats, threw error codes, and caused them to not pass inspection. One car I traded before putting money into it, second I chipped after replacing the cat 2 years in a row at $300 each, 3rd was traded before paying anything, and the last was my Tacoma also traded (was looking at $1600 per cat to replace both, in addition to all the other repairs). So it was time to look somewhere else rather than repeat the same repairs again. The 3.5EB amazed me too when I got in it and took 3 different test drives. Between that and the aluminum (I hate how many things rusted on the Tacoma) I didn't look much further.

11. Dec 2, 2016 at 9:18 PM
    jeffy2

jeffy2 Active Member

Member:
    Southern MD
    Vehicle:
    2007 fj cruiser (close enough)
    never been a ford guy either, but they are definitely putting out some nice stuff in the past 5 years or so.

12. Dec 2, 2016 at 9:31 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    One of the things I find cool is being able to hack the settings on the truck with a BT ODB2 adapter and Forscan on my laptop. I can roll the windows up or down with the key FOB, run fog lights with high beams without splicing wires in the fuse box, turn off door ajar chimes, enable NAV without paying $800, put the heated seat controls back on the main touch screen. Others have changed the heated steering wheel temp, added Hill Descent Control after just buying the button, and a bunch of other features not offered by Ford on the F150 in general or on specific trim levels. I couldn't do any of that on the Tacoma. Every change required cutting factory wires, using relays, or other physical change.

13. Dec 2, 2016 at 9:41 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    3.5 as d.d?
    Really.
    Prius?

14. Dec 2, 2016 at 10:07 PM
    balljoint

balljoint Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCLB
    My truck is the same age as my daughter. Both kids came home from the hospital in my Tacoma. Both have gone through rear facing seats to regular baby seats to 5 point child seats to booster seats. The way this truck keeps going it's going to see her learn to drive in it too.

Never had a problem for space in the back seat.

Crom and MadDaddy like this.
  15. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:22 AM
    Justinlhc

Member:
    I'm not sure what 400lb ft of torque has in common with a Prius? It damn sure doesn't have anything in common with a Tacoma. :bananadead:

16. Dec 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    nvrenuf

nvrenuf Whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Saint Johns, FL
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro Taco; 6MT
    How did this thread about car seats turn into a dick swinging contest about F-150s?

MadDaddy likes this.
  17. Dec 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM
    Longboard1110

Longboard1110 ...................

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    A few things
    Swinging your dick around is the first step to owning a car seat.

18. Dec 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
  19. Dec 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    Justinlhc

Member:
    Maybe if you quoted the guy responsible for it you'd find out? :smack:

Products Discussed in

To Top