1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back passenger window wont roll up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by I lovedirtroads, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Aug 15, 2018 at 7:58 PM
    I lovedirtroads

I lovedirtroads [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    My back passenger window won't roll up. It'll roll down just fine from it's door or my driver's door. Sometimes it will randomly work again. I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma. How do I fix this without going to a shop. I need it done asap and can't wait for an appt. It's not the fuse.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Aug 15, 2018 at 8:01 PM
    mrpurple

mrpurple New Member

Member:
    I can't offer a fix. But, I can tell you it's probably a short. I had a similar thing happen on an old car. In the process of diagnoses it they told me I needed a new motor that rolls the window up and down. I noped at the price. But, they fixed it in the process of putting it back together and it never happened again.

I lovedirtroads[OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 18, 2018 at 9:48 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    The way that the system is wired, a failure in either the master switch, or the switch on that door will cause the window to not roll up from either location.

See if you can swap the rear window switch with the one from the opposite side. If the problem moves to the other side, you need to replace that switch. If the problem remains, get a new master window switch.

The fact it will roll down means the motor and wiring is okay.

Fr33Ma$on likes this.
  4. Aug 19, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    nasaengr

nasaengr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Red15 DC OR
    I had the exact same thing happen to me on vacation once. A rainstorm was coming and I was panicking trying to rig up a plastic garbage bag to cover the opening. Then google came to the rescue with a fix; use the drivers door switch simultaneously with the rear door switch and voila! the window closed. When I got home I researched it more and found the problem is corrosion forming on the switch contacts. I took them all apart and wire brushed them clean. No more problems. Google is your friend.

Products Discussed in

To Top