1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back Up Sensors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gibit09, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    Gibit09

Gibit09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg Toscano
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 White PreRunner Black Badged.
    I am looking to get a back up sensor installed in my truck and was wondering if anyone had any information on products or just go factory or if they even make them??

2. Apr 3, 2011 at 5:21 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Check out ebay, I bought some from there and installed them myself. Toyota does not make these, they are all aftermarket.

3. Apr 3, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    MTBTACORN

MTBTACORN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB Black
    Subbed.

This is the one thing I miss about my old truck and would love to have them on my Taco.

4. Apr 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I've got a backstopper unit that I installed myself (see the little black sensors on the bumper). You have to drill the bumper to install them though so you need to be comfortable doing that. They supply the bit and you just have to make sure you have them laid out well because you only get one shot at it. It's got beepers that beep faster the closer you get to an object and go to a solid noise when you're 1' away. There's also a graphic display that tells you which of the 4 sensors you're going to hit something at but I just keep that in that change tray since it looks pretty tacky and cheap. Otherwise it works great! If you end up going with this system, you have to be careful where you mount the controller. I found out if you mount it near a lot of other electrical wires the controller goes haywire. The customer service is actually pretty decent also.
    [​IMG]
    Here's their website. The model I have is old and outdated but it's on the cheaper end of what they sell. The back-up sensor systems are under "Safety".
    http://www.crimestopper.com

To Top