1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backlash for buying a big truck?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hiphopcr, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 26, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    I'd really like to challenge Shane to a boxing match. He'd find out real quick what a beatdown from a gas guzzling truck driving carbon spewing sonofabitch conservative feels like. What a clueless freaking fat slob. He says the number one reason is "DEMAND". WRONG, it's market speculation, tard. There's a 1.5 billion barrel per day surplus on the world oil market as we speak. DUH.

This guy is my new hero:

2. May 26, 2008 at 5:18 PM
    hiphopcr

hiphopcr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Grey TRD Pro
    If you could find your stats and post them that'd be interesting. Even if it were challenged, it's at least a great starting point.

3. May 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Hell, Ford has a motor plant right here in chihuahua, and we have lots of factories building harnesses for Ford, Chrysler, GM..... Those so called ALL american brands....

However, they talk all this BS about economy, but then what the hell are they doing all day long sitting their ass in their computer on a forum, electricity also consumes oil......Damn asswipes....I hate Shane BTW, i would tore apart his hybrid with my tacoma anyday...

4. May 26, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Ok. I'll find them. Wont be this week, though. I should have them by the weekend. :)

5. May 26, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    It's people like that Shane guy that only get off at ruffling feathers online because they know they don't have the balls to go up to someone in person and tell them. I might be showing my political stance but F you if you are going to judge me on how I spend my money. God help you if you come to Texas and try to pull that crap. :fenforcer:

6. May 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    .............................Precisely. Pricks like shanie ALWAYS draw first blood. Im in more potential trouble here in lovely San fran FREAKO than most of you guys out there. Not a whole lot of us married big red-blooded American guys who love their trucks around here anymore-I stand out. And when me and Rosie with her long blonde hair ride-we ALWAYS get the stares to the point of ridiculous:D

7. May 26, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    bauermike

bauermike Western Alliance

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08' Prerunner, Radiant Red
    Billet Grill
    I want to know what vehicle nowadays is Shane speaking of that gets 10 MPG? Besides a track vehicle, what everyday vehicle that MILLIONS of people own gets 10MPG???? I would hardly think that there are even close to 1 million people that drive a vehicle that gets 10 mpg or under.

8. May 26, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    bauermike

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Billet Grill
    The problem with some people in our country is that they need at least one person to blame for any shortcomings in our society. The fuel price went up... its truck-drivers faults. The war in Iraq isnt over... it's the Bush admin's fault. What about all of the fuel refineries that have been shut down because some liberal hippie thought it polluted the air, would that make the fuel cost go up? certainly! And could the war in Iraq be taking long because the Military gets heat from the public and the media each time there is a mistake? uhhhh yeah. That might throw a wrench in some spokes. But it is funny to see that there ALWAYS has to be one person or organization to blame. We cant all get together and come up with a solution to problems because we waste too much time blaming people with our own problems. IMO

9. May 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    Seriously? The thing I see wrong here is the fact that there was really only one guy that was bashing your new truck. From the sounds of it he just has 5 kids and made plenty of mistakes in his life, so instead of righting what he did wrong so he could enjoy some things in life he bashes others to try and make them feel like he does. He is a little little man that has 5 children that he doesn't pay enough attention to because he blames them for his short comings.

Congratulations to you for your new truck. I understand you have worked hard for this day to take home and enjoy. Others don't have to understand, just as long as you do.

10. May 26, 2008 at 6:09 PM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    So, I just read through that thread. Wow! What a compliment! Those guys (mostly this Monroe fellow) seem to think that the Tacoma is a HUGE truck that gets HORRIBLE gas mileage and is totally IMPRACTICAL! Obviously they think this because of the excellent asthetics of the truck that make it look beefier and masculine. Ha!

The Taco is not huge, is totally practical, and gets (for a truck) excellent mileage.

If I can cause at least one hybrid driver to scoff at my truck each day, I feel like I've done my part in this balanced society. :D

11. May 26, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    +1:D

12. May 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM
    CometKat

CometKat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    Just tell them it’s a hybrid and gets 35 MPG. They’ll be impressed since they are too stupid to know the difference.

13. May 26, 2008 at 6:36 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    What kind of idiot thinks a Taco is a big truck or gets 10mpg?

Down here, if your a man and you drive a hybrid people assume you are either

A) Homosexual
    B) Tree Hugger
    C) All of the above

I'll die before selling my Taco for a hybrid.

And if some mob comes after it, lets just say I have a few things in the truck that can disperse a mob pretty quick. Don't fuck with a big red neck with a short temper who loves his truck.

Edit:

[​IMG]

What a fucking joke.

14. May 26, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    An he lives in my neck of the woods!:cool:

15. May 26, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    bauermike

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Billet Grill

I was going to reply to you about that. We should get together and mapquest his place of residence so we could do some burnouts on his driveway and do some doughnuts in his yard. Maybe even poop in his pool, I dont know! See how we feel. haha :)

16. May 26, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I'd do the same shit to his truck he is saying will happen to our trucks.

I don't know about you guys, but I needed a truck. I do a lot of hauling landscape materials, furniture, ect. I have been looking into a Jeep but decided Today that the Taco is the only vehicle for me (unless they make a convertible FJ). Plus with all the off pavement and sand driving I do, a car just won't cut it. Plus I have a hard time finding a car I feel safe/comfortable in.

The Taco is hear to stay!

17. May 26, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    A little update: I found my list of vehicles and where they are made, where the money goes, etc. I did some quick research and found that it is a bit out dated. The following trucks ARE built by U.A.U. in the U.S.A.:
    Chevrolet Silverado*
    Chevrolet Colorado*
    Chevrolet SSR
    Dodge Ram
    Dodge Dakota*
    Ford F-Series*
    Ford Ranger*
    GMC Sierra *
    GMC Canyon*
    Isuzu I-series*
    Lincoln Mark LT*
    Mazda B-series*
    Mitsubishi Raider*
    Toyota Tacoma (yes, this is accurate).

* these vehicles have more than 1/2 of their major components made in Mexico and/or Canada, but Im haveing a hard time finding exactilly how much is built where.
    Now I just have to find out wher the money goes. :cool:

18. May 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Man,......cough......I wonder if somebody could find his addy and I could pop by his house and say "hi".....cough......:cool:

19. May 26, 2008 at 7:08 PM
    bauermike

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Billet Grill
    HaHa! The funny thing is, he probably lives in a bigger house than any of us, and uses more energy to power the damn thing than we would driving our Mid-size pickups. I would be curious to see his energy bills with having 5 kids. Not that having 5 kids is wrong, dont get me wrong, but that is 4 times the hot water I use daily to take a shower!

20. May 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I dont think it really matters if you "need" it or not. Well, In your case, yes, you cant do what you do in a Civic, but, to the people that bought a Tacoma because you wanted it, GOOD FOR YOU! A friend of mine bought a Porsche GT2. He doesnt NEED it, but its his money. Its nice to live in a place that you can buy, own, and drive WHAT YOU WANT. This guy that thinks hes "saveing the planet" is a retard. If 1 normal sized Volcano eruption can spew out more co2 than we have produced in 100 years. If the ocean emits more methane into the atmosphere than we can even measure. How can someone think we have SUCH an influence on this planet? IN the grand scheme of things, WE ARE SMALL. If I decide to have a BBQ and do burnouts in my truck, it does not affect anything on a planetary scale. Hell, If we ALL decided to do burnouts next Thursday at 5:30 p.m. mountain time :)D), It will affect nothing more than tire sales.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top