1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backup Cam/Trail Cam

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tulsane, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Dec 26, 2019 at 5:13 PM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    Probably not a good enough resolution for that. That will also depend on the angle of the camera as well. If it’s super wide then it will be hard to determine lines at the edges of view.

2. Dec 27, 2019 at 7:33 AM
    Tulsane

Tulsane [OP] Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD
    Awesome, thank you for the feedback nzbrock. I really do like that mirror for how clean and stock looking it is. I still may end up going that direction

3. Dec 27, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    Yea I think having the screen up there is great. I was concerned about it being awkward, but I adjusted to it pretty quickly.

4. Dec 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    Winkle99

Winkle99 Don't Look Back

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    CO
    Vehicle:
    99 XCab 3.4 Manual 4x4 TRD SR5
    Here is the side view ...
    IMG_2415.jpg

… and top view
    IMG_2416.jpg
    With the 10" screen I need something that protrudes far enough to clear the dash contour.
    I positioned the display to clear the CB radio, which makes the top of the display interfere a little with the HVAC controls. However, I can still access the HVAC controls easy enough. If I ever remove the CB radio, the display has the capability to translate up and down about +/- 2.5 inches so I can move the display lower to clear the HVAC controls completely.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  5. Dec 30, 2019 at 12:14 PM
    Tulsane

Tulsane [OP] Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD
    That doesn't look half bad! All I have down below is a scanguage. If your CB fits, I'm sure the scanguage will too

Winkle99[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2020 at 12:52 PM
    twblanset

twblanset Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Mild lift and some tasty bits
    The front camera will stay on until you turn it off or turn off the truck, then it returns to rear. The screen is bright enough to see during the day just fine. The start up feels a little slow to me but this is my first stereo with a screen so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It might be the same as all the others. The reviews of it will talk about the warning being really annoying, but it doesn't bother me and the most recent software update makes it turn off automatically after a few seconds. The sound is pretty good too.

To Top