1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backup camera and factory microphone integration with Pioneer Appradio 4

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by claysae12, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Dec 15, 2015 at 2:33 PM
    claysae12

claysae12 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Installing a Pioneer Appradio 4 in 2014 Pre-Runner (no JBL), connections shown in image in below link. Looks to have an RCA connection for backup camera and headphone looking jack for microphone. Can't seem to find much on how to connect the factory camera and microphone. Any have ideas or done before? Much appreciated.

http://www.appradioworld.com/2014/11/pioneer-appradio-4-sph-da120.html

2. Dec 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    Turdsport

Turdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport Supercharged
    I recently installed a kenwood. It came with a mic with a 3.5mm jack. Should plug into the back of the new HU. As far as the backup cam, I still haven't got mine to work yet. There should be a wire coming off of the new HU that connects to the factory harness behind the HU for power. If I remember correctly, it's a harness near the left (looking at the front of the HU) that has several wires going to it. There are a couple of reddish pink wires. You want to use the second one in the top row for power. You will need an Rca cable for the camera. That wires into the 24 pin connector to the right of the HU. There are only 4 or 5 wires in that one. Red is positive and either black or white is negative. I don't know exactly because mine isn't working after trying both white and black. The black just has electrical tape around it by the way. When you strip the rca cable, you will have stranded wires (negative) and an insulated core (positive). That will plug into the back of the HU and wired into the 24 pin. Good luck!

3. Dec 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    claysae12

claysae12 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Thanks! Will give it a look. Yea was hoping to use the factory mic instead of the one that came with the new unit but not looking good.

4. Dec 15, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    Turdsport

Turdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport Supercharged
    I was hoping to use the factory mic too, but that ain't happening. The wires going to the factory mic are numerous and they disappear into the headliner. More trouble than it's worth in my opinion. The kenwood mic is pretty small and came with a clip. I just clipped it to the console where the factory mic is. Pretty clean looking even if it's not factory.

5. May 26, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    eastcoasternj

eastcoasternj Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5
    Hey there! I'm about to attempt this install myself on my 2013. I have a basic understanding of how the vehicle electronics work and how to make the connections - but I'm stuck on figuring out which wires from the head unit power supply need to be soldered to which in the vehicle. Do you have any tips/resources for that? Thanks!

6. May 27, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    Check out the iDatalink Maestro RR. It retains your steering wheel controls and back up camera. It does require a vehicle specific harness as well. http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/102

Make sure you search for your specific year.

The only thing it can't do is keep the factory mic. Most likely because aftermarket radios have a plug directly for their included mic. If you can find the mic wire, maybe you can splice into it?

http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/co...RR-TOY/ADS-RR(SR)-TOY01-DS-IG-EN_20160520.pdf

7. May 27, 2016 at 9:09 AM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    I would buy a radio install harness kit that allows you to plug into your oem harness and solder that to your aftermarket radio's wire harness. There are diagrams with the color codes on the back of the harness kits. They should also be floating around here too.

Products Discussed in

To Top