1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

***Bad Deal***

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by toyotadan98, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    toyotadan98

toyotadan98 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    wa
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFFROAD 4X4 ACC
    TrailGear and WabFab Are a F~N Joke beware before you order anything from them. JUST A WARNING , IT MAY COST YOU!!! OK here's what happend to me, I wanted a new heavy duty clutch for my tacoma 4x4 and not taking the advise from fellow members who recommended Marlin crawler as the place to go , I found WabFab on the web and they touted the same clutch as marlin but alittle cheaper so i ordered one from them 199.99 + 30 something shipping so anyway I got the clutch which is Aisin and it was the wrong one so i had to go to the local auto parts house and get one ( Store brand) so i could get my Truck on the road. I noticed that the clutch i ordred actualy came from TRAILGEAR .I tried to contact WabFab but they closed shop for the holiday,s and wouldn't be back in untill 1-10-12. I purchased clutch on 12-04-11 and it shipped on 12-9-11 and i recieved it on 12-17-11. I contacted Trail Gear next and they confirmed indeed they they sent the wrong one (NO SHIT, I HAD THE ONE OUT OF MY TRUCK NEXT TO IT)TOTALY WRONG!! They (His name is Gary) said to ship back for a refund, not exchange because i already got one to get my truck going , so i shipped it back and they recieved it on 12-30-11 and then after many phone call,s and email,s to both places i finally get a refund. HERE,S THE F,ED UP PART they sent the wrong part so it's there mistake not mine and Wab the "F" Fab charged me a 30% restock fee for not returning within 30 day.s???????? HELLOW I sent it strait back Anyway I,M pissed it cost me over a 100$ all said and done And trail gear wanted to send me a fuckin tee shirt , are they fuckin kidding me!!!! They both Wabfab and Trailgear can BOTH GO FUCK THEM SELF,S!!! I will never deal with Either one of them again so just beware. I hope the same thing does'nt happen to somebody else.Thats about it in a nut shell. I could ad more but i'm not. All i wanted was a good clutch .My bad- Shame on me once but not twice!!!!

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    what happened? and you can say fucking here haha

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    You kinda need to provide an explanation.

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Yeah, if you're going to call them out and warn us not to do business with them, we need to hear your story.

5. Sep 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Wow.... I just found this. Sadly this sounds like standard operating business for Wab-Fab.

6. Sep 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    When buying online or over the phone...
    I recommend purchasing with a credit card...

that way... when a business attempts to screw you...
    ...you can return the same consideration. muh $ .02 ;)

7. Sep 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    All you can really do is report them to the BBB and complain more to them about the 30% re-stock fee :( thats shitty though dude.

8. Sep 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    From personal experience with the wabbit; he already is not BBB accredited and doesn't care. He is only vested in Pirate4x4 and a couple other forums. Sadly this is also his standard MO. I just want to get the word out.

9. Sep 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    Ahh I see, that sucks when you go thorugh the wait and trouble of finding a specific part for the cheapest and you end up getting screwed around :mad: I'll definitely steer clear of that guy, I've also heard people talk of afew bad 6" lifts from TrailGear I think, just bad design.

Products Discussed in

To Top