1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad experience?? not sure..

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by LT1, May 12, 2012.

1. May 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    LT1

LT1 [OP] Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..
    So on May 5, I ordered a couple things from Toytec.. to be exact, here's the breakdown:

I think it was an awesome price and all was good. I then enlisted the help of TW'ers Hiatt1991, manwithoutaplan, toy4x4, nubbs, and Jerez to install everything. It worked out awesome with few exceptions (see backwards add-a-leaf:D). Anyway, so after all was said and done, I looked around for the 4x4 front differential drop that was supposed to be in the box. I couldn't find it, nor could anyone else. I check back inside the truck, back at my pad, and still nothing.

I then decided to call Toytec. I informed them of the predicament I was in and figured they'd do something to take care of it. I can't remember who I spoke to, but he was polite. He then supposedly went to the back and weighed the materials that should have been packed with my order and weighed the package. Apparently the package that was sent to me weighed the same as the package he had weighed on the scale over there. So there was no way they could have made a mistake and not packaged it.. there was even a nifty signature at the bottom of the receipt that said it was checked by... scribble initials...

So what now? I'm damned sure I don't have it (the package went straight from the delivery truck to the bed of my truck to Manwithoutaplan's garage), and I don't doubt that the package weighed the same as what was sent to me... but why do I have to lose out on this no win situation?

The guy at Toytec was very professional, the evidence was clear, but the bottom line is I still don't have a front differential drop.. what do you guys think? am I asking too much or should I just shut up and go buy another front differential drop, maybe from somewhere else?

Overall I don't consider it a completely terrible experience, I mean the customer service did all it could, and they weren't assholes about it. They can't just send out more crap because someone "swears" they didn't receive it, but I don't think it happens all that often that they can't go "above and beyond" to really help a customer out for $29.99 plus shipping.

Anyway, thanks for the lift?:eek: It was a great price.. and the truck does look better than ever..

Sorry about the chicks below.. had to do it to generate traffic..
    [​IMG]

2. May 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ
    The question to ask is does your truck actually need it after the lift was installed?

It seems if you think it does then spacing the carrier bearing yourself using washers, etc. would be a fairly simple task.

3. May 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Diff drop , CB drop are two different things

4. May 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 Ditch Doctor

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Columbus, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper
    My diff drop is still in the box. Haven't seen a need for it yet. That sucks that it wasn't in there. They did tell me to check the packages as soon as they arrived to ensure everything was there because if I waited then they wouldn't do anything about it.

5. May 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    [​IMG]

^ :drool::hungry::jerkoff::thumbsup: I'm sorry...what was the question again?

6. May 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    LT1

LT1 [OP] Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..

Thanks OZ!!! you're right!! we did install the CB drop successfully, but no Diff drop.. I'm a little concerned about the CV angles.. but who knows, maybe I'll just buy it another time, or make something up on my own.. maybe manwithoutaplan has a plan to help me out... <---- did u guys see what I did there.. hehe.. sorry..

7. May 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC SR5
    WeatherTech liners, Kenwood Media Receiver, Alpine S 6x9 speakers, Sound Ordnance 8" Sub, OEM running boards, MK6 wheels, Dynapro ATs, Tint, Bed Mat, Avid light bar, KC Daylighters
    A $30 diff drop kit that costs them $20 should be sent to you immediately, no questions asked when you have purchased a $900 lift kit. Hell, they probably paid the shop guy $10 in an hourly wage to mock up the order again and measure out the weight. It's not like it's a single part that you could have misplaced. They're basically calling you a liar.

Unacceptable in my book, and that's coming from someone with aa decent amount of retail experience who knows when to draw the line on a BS Customer. You don't seem to fall into that category. I know they're a vendor here but that's pretty ridiculous if you're recalling the situation accurately.

8. May 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    FWIW , the diff drops don't do shit on the second gens

9. May 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 TRD offroad
    4" Bodylift 12" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    I wouldn't worry about it man. Diff drops don't do anything on our trucks. Literally no benefits what so ever. It sucks you payed for it but its only worth its weight in metal to us 2nd gens.

10. May 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ
    My reading comprehension has always been suspect. The CB drop was in bold so I jumped ahead. Yes, I do know there is a difference between a differential drop and a driveshaft carrier bearing drop.

To Top