1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad neighbors- who has 'em?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kingston73, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    Explor

Explor Don’t take the trip ... let the trip take you

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    Bwahahahaha !!
    That's good !
    My first house was a small row home with a small yard ... Maybe 20' wide and 30' deep .... My neighbor had the same size yard and 2 German sheppards ? wtf
    Anyway he would let his dogs shit in my yard and then not clean it up ...wtf
    One Saturday morning , early , my wife is crying .... She tells me that she was sitting on the front porch reading the paper and having a cup of coffee ... The neighbor brings out the dogs , they shit in our yard right in front of her while he watches ... She asks him if he's going to clean it up ?
    He don't respond .... I come into this now ... I get some paper towels , pick up 2 piles , and proceed to paint his front door with dog shit ... Knobs and all ... Did a nice job ... I didn't miss any spots ! Haha
    Problem solved

I've since moved out into the country .... Much better

2. Nov 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    We actually have pretty good neighbors on our cul de sac. Got a crazy SOB next door but as long as his meds are straight, he's fine. His wife and kid usually take care of our animals if we are out of town for short periods of time (we do the same for them) and he'll usually let me borrow whatever tools I need.

Got 4 air force families around us, an older vietnamese guy across the street, his nephew and family next door to him (they always give us homemade egg rolls), and a retired marine sergeant major at the end of the street (who is our HOA pres). Dude is 6'5 and about 250 and flies the marine flag out front with pride...haven't had any issues on our street lol

3. Dec 2, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Wish me luck, we go to court to defend ourselves on thursday. We've had enough, these lunatics have definitely out-crazied us so we're going to put the house up for sale and find a better, more sane place to live. Found out the wife had a perjury criminal charge against her by the state back in 2000, so the level of lunatic is beyond my ability to deal.

4. Dec 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    x2 On the scrap metal, but it's all in my back yard. The neighbor on one side doesn't care- he actually gives us a lot of scrap. So we put it all on the side of the garage that he can see, and leave the other side clean, because the neighbors on that side asked us (very nicely) if we might clean it up, because they were having a big party with family over, and you could see it when you stood on their deck and looked over the fence. So we moved it all to the other side, and they even invited us to their party.
    The neighbor that used to live in their house was the one that called the city on us for dumb shit like a single broken fence picket.

5. Dec 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    ejl923

ejl923 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Off Road
    I only have one neighbor and we may talk two or three times a year for about 5 minutes. Were cordial, but keep to ourselves.

However, i have a new WORK neighbor who apparently doesnt know she smells like Macy's perfume dept. Its one of thos wierd things you hate to bring up. Ive started operation fan. The fan will increase in size until the point is made, or until the floating ceiling lifts off.

6. Dec 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    colbyrainey

colbyrainey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    KC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dbl TRD Sport
    TSB Leafs, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75", K&N Filter, Kenwood DNX 6180, BFG Rugged Terrain T/A's, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror Bracket, Extra D-Rings, Gloss Black Stock Wheels, Grillcraft Grille
    nothing terrible, but my neighbor keeps mowing awful crooked and logic defying boundary lines between our properties because he 'thinks' its his, even though there is a saw cut in the curb and a fence that is pretty god damn easy to line up. I know because I mow it that way every time.

That's fine, I'll just let my dog shit in his yard for the next 57 days before I move! :)

7. Dec 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Update? Holy shit I would freak out in the situation you are in. But yes, as said by someone else, I would not doubt the cops know exactly who is acting crazy. How about the other neighbor on the other side? Do they have a similar relationship with them? That can help you. Unfortunately it sounds like you do need a lawyer, and a good one at that. Sometimes professional douchebags are really good at their craft. I have a good buddy who recently moved his entire family because of the neighbors they shared a long, nasty driveway with.

Me, I have a few neighbors that are loud and smell kind of bad in the summer. They are pigs. No really, they are actually swine. No, I don't think you understand... actual hogs. Two of them. Other than that my closest neighbors would have a hard time hearing a shotgun blast.

8. Dec 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    colbyrainey

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    KC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dbl TRD Sport
    TSB Leafs, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75", K&N Filter, Kenwood DNX 6180, BFG Rugged Terrain T/A's, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror Bracket, Extra D-Rings, Gloss Black Stock Wheels, Grillcraft Grille
    Sad thing is he seems to be an alright guy besides being terrible at mowing. I just never have approached him about it and guess I never will!

9. Dec 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    The garage for our houses are about 15-20ft apart meaning we have a small strip of grass between the two. we just take turns mowing it. I'll hit it one week, he'll hit it the next. Then we don't have to worry about the annoying height difference of the grass lol

10. Dec 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Does he drink a lot of beer while he's mowing?

11. Dec 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    colbyrainey

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    KC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dbl TRD Sport
    Nope but he wears these cool ass gloves!

12. Dec 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    Sorry to hear is has come to this. there is no way to just ignore them???

What town do you live in?... just curious.

13. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

302 I love Taylor Swift :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawrence
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB TRD Sport SSM
    Bedside decal
    You don't need a survey. You need to borrow a metal detector if you don't have one already. In each corner of the lot you should have an iron spike just below the grass left from the initial surveyors.

14. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    I hope I have a TW neighbor when I get a house :(

15. Dec 8, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    There used to be another TW guy living down the street from me. It was Bridgeman. But now he drives a Ford.

16. Dec 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    We live in bellingham for now. Done with court, the judge was kind of an ass but ended up letting the order expire. I think he felt stupid after our lawyer told him nothing the crazy people said actually fit the definition of harassment. He didnt let us speak at all, let our lawyer speak a couple minutes, and let the neighbors speak for maybe 5 mins. Seriously, we have a f$&cked justice system.

So after only 5 years we put a "for sale by owner" sign up and we are going to move as soon as the house sells. We will list it online after the holidays. These people have cost us literally thousands of dollars, with the survey, a fence, and now the lawyer fees.

The woman was on probation for 5 years, she was convicted of torching a motor vehicle, commiting insurance fraud, intimidating a witness, and illegal wiretapping. I dont think a "good" person would be convicted of all that by the state so im happy to be leaving.

The sad thing about all this is the local pd are the ones who told these people how to do this. Up till now ive always been a big supporter of leo's but if the pd hadnt suggested they file this restraining order and hadnt entertained their ridiculous claims i dont think this would have happened. I know its not all leo's but im really dissappointed in my town.

Hopefully nobody teading this ever has to experience it. Its really disturbingly easy for somebody to file one of these, you basically just tell the judge whatever you want and you get your temporary order, no actual evidence needed.

17. Dec 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    Jealous and probably miserable people. :mad:

Restraining order?... sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Hang in there if you can. Relocating is always a costly hit to the wallet.

Products Discussed in

To Top