1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad sound coming from suspension when coming down of bump

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 76227, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

76227 [OP] I Bought A Black Truck and Didn't Change My Name!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stash
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD BlackxBlack
    Just wheels....So far
    Bear with me for a second bc i think the back story will help with the solution.
    I bought my 02 Tacoma used. It appeared to have at least a 3" lift. I noticed the truck sat low in the back end so I added a leaf. Also it had nice yellow Billstein shocks which were replaced with crap shocks. The leaf and the shocks were installed at the same time. After this was done I noticed a terrible sound coming from under the front end when the truck went over a speed bump or dropped off of a ledge <3". It specifically happens when I go over a larger speed bump and as I come down off the speed bump the shocks decompress and makes a very ruff sound. If you know what this is and how to remedy it I would be very grateful. Thank you

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    xgalvanxgx

xgalvanxgx seymour butts

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    OC (Lake Forest) California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road BlackSandPearl 07 PreRunner
    DTF Race Kit with 2.5 x 10 Kings, DMZ SUA rear with 16" triple bypass Kings, King bumpstops front and rear, 17" KMC RG1 powdered in Matte Bronze with black ring with 37" BFG KO2s, front and rear DTF bumpers, front Fiberwerx glass and Mcneil trophy bedsides, K&N 77 Series Intake, Magnaflow, Pioneer touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate 10" sub with box and amp. Dyanamat walls, Andres' devil horn emblem, 50" D4 curved LED bar, rear chase light rack (brake, ambers, white lights) Engine brace, deleted inner wheel wells for max up travel. Cab roll rage built into bedcage.
    tighten up your nuts? tahahah. yeah.. mine made a noise cuz they were still loose when i added my 3" spacer lift. try to tighten the nuts on top of your coils? good luck!

3. Apr 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    Gabe911

Gabe911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    Debadged, Rear TSB, Blue LED dome and Bright White Map Lights, Hard Top Tonneau Cover, OME885 coils (no top plate spacers)OME shocks and struts, 1.5" AAL for TSB Rear,285/70/17 Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Addicts with 4.5 bs, Black 4" exhaust tip, Bed pocket lights, rear diff breather Mod
    make sure everything is torqued down...everything! Could be u have a bad front shock...or ball joint...hope u fix it

4. Apr 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Check the sway bar bolts/bushings. Sometimes those crack and make that sound! When in doubt you could unbolt it on both sides and see if it still does it!

Products Discussed in

To Top