1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja California Trail of Missions 2019 Recon Episodes

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by David K, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM
    David K

David K [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Every June beginning in 2014, Cameron Steele (Baja 1000 winner, Trophy Truck Class) puts on a tour for families in their modified 4x4s. Before the tour, a recon run is made to check roads and potential locations to take the larger group to. This year, Cameron wanted to find new mission locations to see if there was potential to bring the tour to. This recon trip consisted of several Ford Raptors and I was asked to join them (as a passenger) being that my book is the source for Baja mission history and I have been to most of the sites. However, on this recon, I visited three sites I had never been to before: The giant painted cave of San Borjitas, the first colony ruins at San Bruno (from 1683), and the visita of San Pablo.

There will be 5 recon episodes of about 10 minutes or less. To date, two have been released with new episodes coming out each Wednesday. The tour will be shown on ABC TV World of X Games on Sept. 7, 1 pm Pacific (check your listings). These Internet episodes will not be on the TV show.

Episode 1 (Introductions, Mission Guadalupe, Mission Mulegé):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGbWpNvP-kI

Episode 2 (San Borjitas Cave, Visita de San Juan Londó, Real de San Bruno 1683-1685):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePZWvJdFCg

wheeliest and GHOST SHIP like this.
  2. Aug 26, 2019 at 3:37 PM
    David K

David K [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Episode 3 will be out in two days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top