1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baja Designs' started by Baja Designs, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Jun 26, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs [OP] The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    The parts bag should have been complete with all necessary hardware to complete the installation. On rare occasions a kit will slip through the cracks. I am happy to send you the correct hardware and parts bag free of charge. Please let me know where you'd like them sent.

My apologies about the wire gauge size. I messed up and gave you the wire size for our more powerful OnX6, S8, and XL Lights. It was a simple mistake. If you'd really like we can send you the correct butt connections so you're not out $7 for those and $6 for the hardware.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

2. Jun 26, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Very nice customer service right there!

:thumbsup:

Well done Bailey!

3. Jun 26, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    @Baja Designs Bailey,

I think I may end up order a rock light or three from you pretty soon, have an idea to put on of the switched ones on the rear glass of the snugtop so when it is open it can be used as a camp light for cooking and such off the tailgate. Then may need two more for actual rock lights on the truck.

Just FYI... would be pretty sweet if it was possible to get a White and Red rock light with a switch... so you could have both lights if needed since I like red for keeping the night vision and white for when I don't need to and need to see.

4. Jun 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    09BlueBeast

09BlueBeast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    09 Speedway Blue TRD Sport 4x4
    I don't need the hardware or butt connections because I've already installed the lights. I needed them installed by Friday night, that's why I paid for 2 day shipping. Just kind of sucks 1 to have to rush to the auto parts store minutes before they close to buy a box of nuts since y'all forgot to send them. Then on top of that I had all the wires on my truck wired with butt connections that you said were the correct size. Only to get the lights and realize that they aren't even close... thought I was dealing with the lighting scientists?

5. Jun 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Yeah except he offered me stuff I already had to buy out of pocket....

6. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    Baja Designs

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry about the inconvenience. It was a simple mistake that I shouldn't have made. I know this doesn't make everything perfect but I will be refunding the shipping charge of $23 back to your CC. It should hit within 3-4 business days.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
    bailey@bajadesigns.com

7. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I understand but he's human and made a mistake but he was trying to make up for it the best he can. In this case had he told you the correct size you would have bought the parts anyways right? To me he was doing you a solid by sending you the correct stuff so you didn't have to buy it twice. I understand you were in a hurry so it sucks but honestly most business just ignore you because they already have your money.

Once again, good customer service Bailey! @Baja Designs

Edit;
    Wow, well there you go! Solved

8. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:22 PM
    JerryTaco

JerryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    You're really trying to make a big deal out of something that is nowhere close to being a big deal at all. Do yourself a favor, take a deep breath and walk away from the computer.

TWTaco, StOrMyThEtAcO, BVita and 2 others like this.
  9. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Baja Designs

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    A camp light on the snugtop would be great! We have a few customers running them on the Windoors as well. At this time a 2in1 isn't possible but you never know down the road!
    For now either 2 Dome Lights or 2 Rock Lights (w/ 3 position switch to change between) would be the only options.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

angeldavid216 likes this.
  10. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:47 PM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    Thanks Bailey!

Well if you ever create a Dome light that has two different colors in it.... let me know so I can test it out!

11. Jun 26, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Not making anything a big deal... 1 paid what 237$ for my lights to be shipped out under the understanding they would be here Friday(all parts included) so I could install. They get here on 7:30 on Friday and by the time I get to mounting them it's 7:50 and I have no nut to install... rush to oreillys for a box of what 6-8 nuts since they don't sell individually. Then when I go to wire them I was told 12 gauge, they're 18 gauge I believe... nowhere near the size connections I had and mind you it's 8:15-20 now so nowhere other than walmart to get connections, so I soldered and heat wrapped. Long story short is I felt pretty inconvenienced by receiving a incomplete install kit and from misinformation from the dealer, I would've bought the variety pack had he said idk... not mad, not pissed, just had what I feel is a less than satisfactory experience. But thank you Bailey for being so responsive and attentive.

12. Jun 26, 2017 at 1:48 PM
    JerryTaco

Member:
    Again, sounds to me like you're making a pretty big deal over nothing. Shit happens and Bailey has gone above and beyond to make it right. At the end of the day, the lights got installed and they work, right? And you got the money you paid for shipping back? (Which he totally did not have to do?) And look on the bright side, now you have a few spare nuts just in case you are ever inconvenienced again ;)

BVita likes this.
  13. Jun 26, 2017 at 1:52 PM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    How is asking for what you paid for when not received making a big deal? You charge top dollar shit should be on point always... I work in fine dining, you think someone who comes in and orders a 10 oz filet med rare is going to be ok if it comes out med well or a completely different steak at the correct temp. No he's going to freak out and bitch until he gets what he ordered and is paying for. And that's on a $50 steak... I'm not cursing, I'm not yelling, again I'm just posting nothing but facts about my experience. If that upsets you well I'm sorry but we're all out of 18th place ribbons, but good job little buddy

14. Jun 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM
    JerryTaco

Member:
    lol, you're barking you the wrong tree dude. I'm just stating that you're making an awfully big deal out of a nut and some butt connectors. And could you not look at the wires and determine the correct butt connector yourself? ha, 18th place ribbons, says the dude stomping his feet because he was "inconvenienced"... pooooor wittle guy! Some of us are actually prepared and keep on hand spare nuts and bolts for these types of situations. While others would rather go online and cry about what disservice has been bestowed upon them.

15. Jun 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite Tundra Crewmax 4x4
    You just compared yourself to a prick who eats $50 steaks... seems fitting.

Per your analogy in this case, it's like your steak coming out with not enough salt and pepper on it. Instead of sprinkling some on yourself and moving on you send it back to get your food spat in ;)

Bailey has expressed that he is sorry, and they he will make it right. If you were really in that much of a time crunch you should have ordered them sooner ;)

16. Jun 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    ooohhh eeeemmm geeeeeeee..... -.-

Rextinkleton93 likes this.
  17. Jun 26, 2017 at 2:03 PM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
  18. Jun 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    I compared my self to a customer spending top dollar on food, just like I spent top dollar on lights.

19. Jun 26, 2017 at 2:06 PM
    09BlueBeast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    My analogy was referencing spending top dollar on a product. And I thanked bailey for his help...

20. Jun 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    HeavyLifter

HeavyLifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Athens, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Can't we all just get along?

Jon27 likes this.

Products Discussed in