1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Edition, What's the difference?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gmcuajo, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Nov 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    PhillipSwanner

PhillipSwanner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Killeen tx
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4 and Baja 4x4 limited
    The Baja is built well. It has a warranty. Depending on mods made to the truck it could suspend the warranty. I bought one I thought it was worth it. It's all in what you like. Just get what you want. Nobody will be making your payment but you. Just remember it is a special edition so if you want to take the baja of the side just buy the TRD. It will drop its value. You can't go wrong with any Tacoma. Hope you get what you want. Happy shopping.

2. Nov 3, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    Hot2na

Hot2na Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anyone just bought all the suspension parts from a BAJA and upgraded their standard suspension ??? can it be done ????

3. Nov 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, HomerTaco Raptor grill, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Toyo AT2, Avid light bar
  4. Nov 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    Click

Click Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Central City, Ky
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off Rd, 265/76/18
    ARE Topper
    I just bought a '13 DC OR in January, I traded a '10 tundra. I research as you are and battled the same thoughts... I use my truck at work in pretty extreme conditions, mining industry, and wanted something that would endure. The tacoma is advertised to b tough... Seems to b, for the most part. My real complaint is no heated mirrors and weak rear springs.

I bet your local dealer would install the lift of your desire.... Will you have to pay, yes.. But might get more for the buck... I say that not knowing if the Baja has the same spring issues as the other packages do... I would expect they do?? Idk.

Hearing your description of your wants, I don't think the Baja would be a mistake for you. I put 265/75 firestone destinations mud tires on my stock OR, it is very capable. Do I rock climb, no. Do I know the difference, yes. I'm a former jeeper... I'd say my daily off rd experience at work is very non-typical to most on week-ends. Do I wish the suspension was a little better. Yes! My goal was to buy a capable truck, stock! The tacoma would have give me that if not for the heated mirrors and weak rear suspension... You can research the suspension issue, on TW. If you don't plan to tow or carry any weight, you won't have any problems. Welcome to TW.. As a newbie myself.. Their r some good people on here...

To Top